PDA

View Full Version : 87' Donzi MINX 350 EFI?

mattbell
06-13-2000, 12:57 AM
I saw a 20ft 87' MINX for sale. It has a 350 Mercruiser with electronic fuel injection which at the time I am told was an experimental engine. Should I stay away from this boat? Also, any idea of what it will cost to ship a boat from Florida to Seattle?

FASTEDDIE
06-13-2000, 05:51 AM
Shipping would run anywhere from $1200 to $1600 I would guess..
Availability of fuel injection parts may be a problem. 1987 FI were bolt on units and Donzis first injection units.To check on availability of parts call 1-941-751-9224 Donzi customer service line and ask for Allen Mobray. We have three Minx's in our club at Lake George and they are a lot of fun and very quick. Good Luck.
FASTEDDIE

------------------

Randy Hibbard
06-13-2000, 12:44 PM
As a Minx owner, 1987 model, on the west coast, I would consider the shipping price well worth it. These boats are fairly rare, and I would guess most are back east. Great boat for carving through the rough water up there I would imagine. I wonder if the boat mentioned was the fuel injected one shown at the Portifino? Hmmmm.......As for price? who knows? Depending on condition it could range from 8 to 20 grand. I paid alot for mine, but it was worth every cent. I hope this helps.

------------------

Randy

RickR,GroveCity
06-13-2000, 06:01 PM
I saw the 87 FI Minx at the show and it was a beautiful boat with a neat history.
Is it mechanical or electronic fuel injection?
If the fuel injection was a problem it would be easy to remove and install a carb, parts are cheap for a SBC.

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

MattM
06-14-2000, 01:21 PM
If it's a merc factory engine it is what's known as a 320 EFI. It's a real simple early electronic unit. They run well and though rare it was a production engine and they are still around. I wouldn't let that discourage me at all. Good luck.

MattM
06-14-2000, 01:26 PM
P.S. try www.dat.com (http://www.dat.com) to ship. They are a bulletin board for shipping. Post your load and someone will call you. I got my 18 shipped from Florida to Oregon on top of a load of steel plate for $500.