PDA

View Full Version : SBI

gerry
06-11-2000, 04:25 PM
Only 18 boats total, very disapointing.
Gerry Santiago

Frank Civitano
06-11-2000, 05:33 PM
No different then NJ, What a shame! Egos! Just think SBI is supported by the world Championship in the Keys. Not this year?
First year I wont be there in November.

------------------
Frank Civitano

GeneD
06-13-2000, 08:31 AM
Is this really happening?
Frank, are you really bailing out on this year's World's?
Okay, how about the Nationals?
I'm going to both so far. I have extensive plans for both events.
Can't figure it out. It seems that this year, there is no real interest. Last year was banner.
Not to worry, I'll bet it really is just all about money.
Deerfield Beach is the next SBI, my reservations are already made. Staying at the Comfort Inn on 29th Street? Just over the bridge, beachside. I had to pay an extra $30 to get the top floor. Needed so that we can see the marina from our room.
If we don't have a good time there, it won't be from lack of trying.
Last year's race there had a huge field.
I'm also told that Deerfield Beach Chamber of Commerce is launching a big advertising campaign. Perhaps this is what is needed? I realize that advertising won't bring in the racers, but...well...am I just trying to cover up my own anxieties? I'm hoping for the best.
I wonder if they are having as much of a problem on the west coast? Of the United States I mean.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Frank Civitano
06-13-2000, 06:26 PM
Gene
I will go to NY. But I will not spend all that money to go to the Keys to watch 20 boats. If you talk to some of the racers that raced SBI, and now are with apba, They are tired of the Politics. I will be in NY this weekend at the NY poker run, Phil Galetta from HotBoat magazine will be with me again. So we are heading up Sat morning.

------------------
Frank Civitano