PDA

View Full Version : Gas prices!!

Tony
06-10-2000, 09:59 PM
We are getting jobbed up here in the midwest. Regular is at $1.94/gal. with premium at $2.34/gal!! One day, about a week ago, I was filling up at $1.59 and an employee was changing the sign to $1.74...a fifteen cent increase! What the heck is going on? How are prices in other parts of the country?

Tom on Lanier
06-10-2000, 11:38 PM
I heard that! My brother laments from Sault St. Marie, Michigan ( which is not unusual, given the location) that he paid $1.999 today. We are fortunate here in Georgia to be at about $1.49, at the moment.

Blewbyu
06-11-2000, 02:04 AM
The only question remaining is......who's getting all the money??? On Lake Washington,in Washington State,on the East side of the lake, Mercer Marine charges $2.09 for 89 octane!!! Premium at the car type places runs $1.73 to $1.93 depending on where you buy in the Seattle area.......and we're only 75 miles from a whole bunch of refineries in Ferndale and Anacortes!

Frank Civitano
06-11-2000, 08:28 AM
In NJ, we are at $1.51 reg and $1.79 High octane . Marina prices are 20 cents higher. I work for an Oil co. Its Summer The Majors are saying there not making enough product to keep up? The Arabs are stopping the gas production for the summer? And Exxon is sitting on the largest oil find in the world in Alaska that is capped off. There not for resourses either! ITS ALL BULL$%%%. I say we all pick one gas station and band it for a week! We could start with SHELL foreign gas.
If we could get this going through the US. We then would make them hurt. Gas off for one weekend will never work, People use there cars and wont stop using them for a weekend? But if we embargo against one a week! You will effect that Major co to bring down there price? Then hit Exxon were it hurts.

------------------
Frank Civitano

kevin
06-11-2000, 01:30 PM
Frank, I was in my truck the other day thinking the same thing. It seems no one in Washington is even talking about this problem. Its a good thing someone like Busch is not in office, they would have him hanging from the top of the Capitol Building. Here in central Missouri it 1.64 and 2.00 on the water. I hope everyone is sending in the fuel road tax rebate forms. Its 17cent a gallon refund here in MO.

seano
06-12-2000, 06:46 AM
Hey all,

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents, and it cost me 1.92/gal for 93 octane on the water in "The Hamptons"---east end of Long Island, NY---$170 to fill'er up. I honestly thought it was going to be more...Gas at the pump onshore is between 1.79 and 1.89 for the same grade!

I've been without a boat for two years now--just my luck, I finally get the thing done and gas prices go up! http://206.150.187.82/ubb/frown.gif

I don't care though, I'll get another job if I have to... http://206.150.187.82/ubb/smile.gif It was a great weekend and my girlfriend is finally able to appreciate all of the work I've put into this thing for the past year we've been together. Every Saturday and Sunday for a year certainly put s a strain on the relationship---anyone with similar issues? Is there self-help/support group for what I believe most of us have? http://206.150.187.82/ubb/smile.gif

Forrest
06-12-2000, 09:15 AM
. . . and as expensive gas is, it's still the least expensive thing that I do to any of my boats!!!

Tallahassee/St. Marks, FL gas prices:

$1.689/gal 93 on land
$1.689/gal 89 at the dock (93 not available)

------------------
Forrest

RickSE
06-12-2000, 10:22 AM
Found this on CNN. This is why I started riding my bike to work, saves me about $20 a week.

According to a national survey, the average price for regular unleaded gasoline in some major U.S. metropolitan areas exceeds the $2-a-gallon mark, reaching $2.04 in Milwaukee and topping off nationally at $2.13 in Chicago.

Nationwide, gasoline prices climbed 8.82 cents a gallon in the past three weeks as the new, reformulated gas made its way to the pumps.

High crude oil prices, rising demand and new antismog regulations affecting 17 metropolitan areas pushed the nationwide average cost for regular gasoline to $1.67 a gallon as of last Friday, said analyst Trilby Lundberg.

That compares to the May 19 Lundberg Survey of 10,000 stations nationwide that found a national average of $1.58.

"We are in a nightmare of patchwork-quilt environmental regulations which wreak havoc with gasoline supply and price stability," Lundberg said. "The wide variety of regulations affecting formulas has created wide price disparities around the country and made distribution of gasoline more problematic."

... but gas is just $1.39 in Phoenix

GEOO
06-12-2000, 01:38 PM
Hmmm, I knew there was a good reason for not having a running engine http://206.150.187.82/ubb/confused.gif
?? GEOO

[This message has been edited by GEOO (edited 06-12-2000).]

[This message has been edited by GEOO (edited 06-12-2000).]

Staffan Berg
06-12-2000, 01:56 PM
You lucky guys.
Price in Sweden is 4 dollars a gallon.

Stan
06-12-2000, 03:52 PM
Lake Havasu, AZ ..this weekend

$ 1.69 on land

$ 2.29 on the water ( I needed it bad )

Stan

Emmo
06-12-2000, 11:33 PM
Price at the Amoco pump for Ultimate at US231 and the Tallapoosa River- $1.59/gal.

Price on Lake Jordan for 93 octane- FREE! They were having problems with air getting into the pump and were working on it when I pulled up. They told me to hook up to it and kept priming it and I must have gotten about 5 gallons before they gave up. Since they were pushing air through a 100' hose, they told me I could have what I was able to get. They were a couple of Bubbas for sure and I kept waiting to hear what you always hear before a redkneck dies a horrible death- "Hey ya'll, watch this!" There was a white 18 there at the dock with a King Cobra drive on it, but nobody ever came out and oggled my boat, so I didn't pay it much attention.

Price for 93 octane Texaco at Quinn's Landing (no Amex, please) on the Warrior River- $1.99

Price for 92 octane Conoco at Franklin Ferry on the Warrior- $1.89 (sure honey, we take Amex)

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

GeneD
06-13-2000, 08:17 AM
Do all you cats use high octane fuel in your chariots?
I only use it when I have an important race coming up.
Like blowing away my best friend.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Forrest
06-13-2000, 08:38 AM
Emmo, I love it!!! Where else, but in Alabama, can you get free gas?

------------------
Forrest

CDMA
06-13-2000, 03:12 PM
SeanO,

You are in the hamptons. I do my boating out of Southold and commonly am in Sag and Three Mile Harbor.

Chris

seano
06-13-2000, 04:25 PM
Chris,

I rigged my boat at Falcon Hi-Performance in Hampton Bays.

I am currently negotiating a hi-dry with Strong's...my buddy keeps his boat at Goldsmith's---small world...I was on the north side of Robin's this pas weekend and plan to spend alot of time there. The 28 is all white and with no graphics and a faring where the windshield used to be. If you spot me, stop by and say hello! What are you ridin?

Kenn
06-13-2000, 04:33 PM
CDMA
Have you seen the 196? yellow 2+3 with a 427 side oiler and a V drive in the Hamptons?
Last time I saw the boat it was in Sag Harbor in storage and then I heard it went to someone at the sand pits on the way into East Hampton.
Also I have seen a red & white 16 Outboard that shows up at Montauk and then I next see it in Greenport.
Do you know either of these Donzi boys ?

Kenn

Kenn
06-13-2000, 04:39 PM
seano,

what year is your white 28 ?

Kenn

seano
06-14-2000, 06:14 AM
Hey Kenn,

My 28 is a 1975...You'll probably see alot of it this summer! My friend has a blue and orange one-off Competition 39; we'll be in Sag this weekend. There's also a white/red striped Donzi that sits on a trailer next to a camper trailer at Goldsmith's in Southold. Better than that, there's a 1970ish 33 that's been siitng behind the resturant next door for about 10 years. My buddy and I have been eyeing that one for a long time!

CDMA
06-14-2000, 01:19 PM
Guys,

The 33 and the 16 at Goldsmith's are not for sale. Trust me I tried. They are both owned by the owner of the land that is just adjacent to the restraunt. I tracked him down and essentially told him to name his price but he just said no. So that was that.
I have seen the red and white beautiful baby 16 a couple of times but I could never catch him. There also is a 68 18 that was yellow and black like mine but was poorly painted red and white. I met the fellow once and he was very friendly but I do not think he uses the boat at all. I live out there in the summer and only have seen it once. I have not seen the v drive 18 but would like to. I really like those v drives. Seano I will keep my eye out for your boat but I now must return to the land of wet sanding...

Chris