PDA

View Full Version : California or Bust

GeneD
06-08-2000, 05:30 PM
Hey California guys and gals.
Looks like I'll be heading out your way next month.
I'm going to a place called Elk Grove, near Sacramento.
Anyone live nearby? I learned to water ski in Folsom (sic?) Lake. I loved it there.
The place I'll be staying at is an old cattle ranch and it is wide open spaces I can tell you. And I can remember that the ground was very hard and dry. What I'm going to be doing there for a week is beyond me. But I hear tales that we might go to Yosemite National while we're hanging out, so that sounds cool at least.
Do you all have any idea what the airfare is for four people to Sacramento, CA?
Ha!!! We almost had a heart attack. Over $2000. What to do, what to do? There was only one way out.
I pulled a scam!
After looking all over for cheap airfare, I reluctantly went to priceline.com, I made an offer for $300 ea and...they accepted this morning! I am the King of cheap airline tix!
Anyway...if anyone wants to get together let me know. I'd love to meet up with someone.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

jon v don z
06-08-2000, 10:00 PM
I have heard there is quite good boating between Sacramento and San Francisco, the delta it's called. Surprised me to hear of it, but supposed to be the cat's meow. Surely there's a Donzi owner blasting down the river, into the bay?

AVickers
06-08-2000, 11:14 PM
I was at Pier 39 (I think that was the number)a couple of weeks ago and watched a guy in a big ZX going from the top of one roller to another in the bay. Most other boats (displacement hulls) were crashing through or running up, then down... This guy was simply dancing from one to the next.

Quite a site!

Randy Hibbard
06-09-2000, 11:07 AM
Now you guys are talking, that`s my neck of the woods. I`m the Donzi guy in these here parts! Gene, send me an E mail and let me know what days you`ll be here. Elk Grove is only a half hour away. I can give you a ride in the Minx if you like. The Delta is a cool place to cruise, it`s huge. My favorite spot is a boat to only bar on its` own island called Lost Isle. Well known for its` drinks and plenty o thongs! Folsom is a good lake to cruise, but in the Sac area, I like the river. Great place to show off a Donzi! Thanks for mentioning those of us out here on the real west coast! Florida may be the best boating state, but California is`nt all bad!

------------------

Randy

jimmyc
06-09-2000, 05:12 PM
gino,
if you head up to yosemite make sure that you check out bass lake, nice lake up in the mountians w/ some donzi's i'm sure. damn, since you are already so close to tahoe why not....i remember a hornet that sat on a trailer in the town of incline village....anyone know the boat? have fun and send me a postcard....
jimmy

GeneD
06-10-2000, 07:15 AM
Randy,
You are the man!!!! Thanks, we'll be talking real soon.
The dates are July 9-12, I'll actually be there from the 6th on through the 13th. But, I have family obligations on the 7th and 8th.
A ride on your Minx? I'm psyched!
JimmyC, can I borrow the travel bar?
And you know what? I think that Tahoe is definitely in the picture. Of course then so is Reno, the Biggest Little City in the World, right? I remember back when I was little, I think around 11-12 years old, I was walking down the strip in Reno and plugged a penny into a slot machine and won the penny jackpot! Bells and lights are going off, ect. My grandfather just happened to be standing there and saved my butt from getting into trouble.
Going for a ride in Randy's Minx on the Delta!!!
Yeah!!
Oh Randy, I'll have a car so I'll be able to meet you. I don't think I should be riding the horses too far from home.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Randy Hibbard
06-10-2000, 09:40 PM
Gene, you`re on. July 9th would be perfect. Outdrive should be on and well tested by then. Bring a GPS if you have one because we`ll be on speed runs! No need for horses, The Minx has plenty!

------------------

Randy

GeneD
06-13-2000, 08:38 AM
Randy,
Sorry but I do not have a GPS.
I've found that my eyes start tearing at 60 MPH, my cheeks start flapping at 65, and my eye lids start opening up like parchutes at 70. So I've got you covered!!
Got a nice slalom ski for me?
Lost Isle? This sounds like my kind of place. I'd like to lose my mind there please!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 06-13-2000).]

jimmyc
06-13-2000, 08:52 AM
gino,
i need the travel bar over the 4th but i can fed ex it to you along with my GPS just b/4 you leave for your trip. it sounds like you are going to have a great time...i'm jealous.
jimmy

GEOO
06-13-2000, 08:58 AM
GeneD, I have an older Garmin GPS40 handheld. Send me your address if you want to borrow it for a few weeks. GEOO

GeneD
06-13-2000, 09:41 AM
Jimmy,
Plenty of time for you to make your reservations. I'm sure we could put you up somewhere.
George, thanks for the offer. But I'm sure one of us can come up with something.
Randy,
just how big is your cooler?
Has anyone seen Randy's boat? Looks pretty cool. I've already scoped out the passenger seat, looks comfy. Hope I don't get Minx fever. That happened to me once. You see, there was this girl with a Minx fur G-string...and well, you know.
Oh, wait, I mean Mink. See? I was beginning to get feverish!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Randy Hibbard
06-13-2000, 12:27 PM
Plenty of room for silver bullets in my cooler, those mixed along with the world famous Lost Isle Mai Tais (probably spelled wrong) should keep a smile on Genes` face, eyelids a flappin and all. The front seat is yours, my Donzi girl likes the back as long as I give out the ear plugs! Just installed the new Alpha. I`ll let you guys know how it works. It shure has a nice paint job. Now if it could just take the power.......

------------------

Randy

GeneD
06-15-2000, 07:16 AM
SILVER BULLETS?
Isn't that really just clear mountain spring water?
That must be some kind of California thing.
We prefer Milwaukee’s best, Bud Light!
But I'll take those Mai Tai's any day of the year.
I remember when my brother came back from California back in 1978. He brought back two cases of Coors with him. At that time, you couldn't get it in New York. Funny thing was, one case was empty - he had drank it on the way over from the west coast, and saved all the cans and cardboard.
We had a good time drinking the full case while he told all his stories of California.
I'm looking forward to revisting our old vacation spots.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

harbormaster
06-15-2000, 06:43 PM
Hey GeneD! Just like you New Yorkers to bitch about free beer!
You would never catch a Texan doin that.

Everyone knows that Lone Star Rocks.

Scot

HOWARD O
06-15-2000, 10:01 PM
Lock the doors and batten down the hatches, Gene is coming out West! Have a nice trip Gene, sorry we'll miss you but you'll be a long way north of us! http://206.150.187.82/ubb/cool.gif