PDA

View Full Version : Master Lube Accumulator / Pre-Oiler

Ranman
03-11-2002, 12:14 PM
Thinking about installing one of these on my 18. Anyone have any experience or input on the use of a pre-oiler?
Check it out at www.masterlube.net (http://www.masterlube.net)

Digger
03-11-2002, 01:05 PM
interesting...haven't used one in a boat. One of the models of helo's I fly has a pre-lube system for the main transmission input bearings. pre-lube pressure is one of the requirements that must be met to satisfy the start interlock system...the manufacturer (Sikorsky) thought it was so important to prelube that it wont let you even start without it... so it must be a viable requirement. would be keen to know how your application works out if you get it-

KRAVEN
03-11-2002, 09:01 PM
Ihave a masterlube on my 2002 scorpion powered classic.I think its a great invention.All you do is turn key to on hold toggle switch aprox.5seconds and 35lbs of oil pressure runs thru passages prior to start up.

Tony
03-12-2002, 11:21 AM
Kraven,
It's your lucky day! I've decided to trade my 1967 Ski Sporter for your 18' Scorpion. Drop me a line and we'll work out the details.

Ranman
03-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Kraven, Would you be able to post pics of the installation? It would help me determine the best way to do mine. Thanks.

Rick
03-12-2002, 03:43 PM
I have used a product called an accu-sump in road racing. They have differing quart capacities, and two types of valves, one manual, one that prelubes when you turn on the ignition key and closes the valve when the ignition key is turned off. I routed mine using a remote oil filter kit. The nice thing that we used them for is that during hard cornering it would inject oil if the oil sloshed away from the pickup and oil pressure was reduced or went to zero for any length of time (fraction of a second). Oil pressure charges the unit and is held by a valve, less oil pressure releases oil until the pressure is equalized and then increased with your current engine oil pressure. Racer's Wholesale has units available (should have a website). If memory serves $250 to $350. Preoiling was just considered a bonus. When I go home I will get the phone numbers maybe save you some $$. P.S. They do work. Best of luck Rick

Jake
03-12-2002, 05:17 PM
How long have these things been out? About five years ago I thought they would be a great idea. I was suprised they weren't on vehicles already. I should have looked into it further. :rolleyes:

KRAVEN
03-12-2002, 05:43 PM
Ranman,
I can't post any pictures, my boat is resting in our cottage garage on Harsens Island.I will be bringing the boat to AOTH2,If you are attending.The masterlube is installed on the bulkhead behind the rear seat vertically.It comes with a ss braided hose which connects to the oil filter adaptor.A toggle sweitch is mounted on the dash and that is it.All hardware and mounting clamps are included.Mine has a capacity of 1&1/2 qts.

BigGrizzly
03-12-2002, 06:25 PM
Keith chart and several others sell a pump powered one also. The Accu sump is the most popular among racers. It works on low oil conditons also.

Randy

Rick
03-18-2002, 08:57 AM
Apologize or the delay. Racers Wholsale number is 1-800-397-7815. They will have everything you will need. 2 quart electric valve $259.95. Thanks Rick

Rick
03-18-2002, 09:01 AM
Apologize or the delay. Racers Wholsale number is 1-800-397-7815. They will have everything you will need. 2 quart electric valve $259.95. Thanks Rick