PDA

View Full Version : Who's coming to Labor Day?

Emmo
06-07-2000, 01:53 PM
OK, let's get a count of who is going to be at the 2nd Annual Labor Day LA Donzi Roundup-

Emmo will be there with Mello Yello

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

boxy
06-07-2000, 02:29 PM
I love you Southern guys, warm weather is so common that you can just skip right over summer, and already plan for the end of it. Man, do I envy you, it's barely warm enough here to be in the boat with out a wind breaker, so not only have we yet to think of Labor Day, I haven't even made any plans for the Canada Day/Independence Day long weekend. (Dave Strobert - Lake of the Isles??)
Please Emmo don't wish the summer away, we only get 3 months of it.
Laughing in the sunshine

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

Emmo
06-07-2000, 03:10 PM
I hate to break this to you, but Labor Day marks the middle of our boating season http://206.150.187.82/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Emmo (edited 06-07-2000).]

GeneS
06-07-2000, 03:32 PM
Emmo,

I will be there with Chi Chi and a friend with his 2+3. I havn't locked in a room yet but I'll get that done.

From the year-round boating capitol of the free world - Pensacola, Florida.

------------------
Gene Schmidt
'74 X-18 "Chi Chi"

Tom on Lanier
06-08-2000, 10:53 PM
So far, from the Honda Marine crew, will be:
Bill Bateman:"Little Red" 16 Classic
Barb& Randy Carabelli:Corsican or Criterian
June & Tom Riggle : 22 Classic(teal at Portofino)
Also have another guy that wants to buy a Donzi in time for this gettogether.

[This message has been edited by Tom on Lanier (edited 06-18-2000).]

Forrest
06-11-2000, 10:36 AM
You know that I'll be there with the 16 or X-18 or something. With all of these folks coming to Eufaula, it's going to be a blast! Emmo, it sounds like we may have to get somewhat organized this year . . . you know cookout, destinations, T-shirts, and the like.

What is the Dozni count for Labor Day so far?

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 06-11-2000).]

Emmo
06-11-2000, 04:29 PM
I think we have at least 10 boats so far, not counting whatever the factory plans on teasing us with. Maybe we'll get to see a stepped hull in action!

Emmo
06-12-2000, 11:45 PM
Anybody else coming?

------------------

GeneD
06-13-2000, 08:15 AM
I'd like to think I'm going, but I can't commit just yet.
Maybe in another month or so I'll have a better idea.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Varyak
06-14-2000, 09:13 PM
Mark Laszlo, Jacksonville,FL '99 Classic 16
We've got our room at the resort, and we're pullin' "Quixote." Two adults, and probably two kids if Grandma backs down on keepin' them a whole weekend. Looking forward to a great weekend with everyone. Orlando was great but THIS time I'm bringin' my boat.

Varyak
06-14-2000, 09:26 PM
Emmo got it wrong. Here in the REAL South (North Florida) the boating season begins New Years morning, and ends New Years eve...
At least my log book reflects it that way the past seveal years. I've got gas receipts from almost every weekend last year and this. Of the weekends I missed, most were in the summer, not winter.

GeneD
06-15-2000, 07:05 AM
There you go, a true Florida boater.
Sounds like me.
Only New Years Eve WAS a bit cold. So was Christmas.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

MikeMiller
06-15-2000, 03:34 PM
Donzi fans:

I will be there in rare form! Looking forward to seeing most of you again and really partying this time. Maybe I'll bring a few goodies.

Dinzi Stud - Mike Miller

Tom on Lanier
06-16-2000, 10:48 PM
Hey Mike, What's a Dinzi Stud? Whatever man,looking forward to seeing you. Do bring some goodies. Anything that says Donzi on it (that June hasn't already bought)is mine! Wait till you see Randy's Criterian - quite interesting.This will defintely be a gas. Tom

harbormaster
06-18-2000, 05:09 AM
OK Emmette Give me directions from Houston. Riverrat and I may be coming.

Scot V
The Harbormaster

Tom on Lanier
06-18-2000, 09:02 AM
OK Emmo, We have a fourth with our group. The friend I was working on went ahead and made his room reservation a couple weeks ago. Yesterday he bought a boat and is on his way back to Atlanta from Dallas right now towing a white/red 22 Classic. Y'all will enjoy these folks:Joe P. and Debbie.This is getting better all the time!

------------------

Forrest
06-21-2000, 10:26 AM
Emmo, this Labor Day thing is stating to sound like a real event! How many Donzis now?

For anyone thinking about coming out and have not made up their mind yet, the lodge (motel) is very nice, it's on the water, has a great restraunt, a first class golf course (http://alaparkgolf.itgo.com/lake.html), a big parking lot for many boat trailers, and a very good multi-boat ramp and marina with gas (89). What's best of all about the Lakepoint State Park and Resort (http://www.dcnr.state.al.us/parks/state_parks_index_1a.html) is that this place is not expensive. In fact, even GeneD can afford it! Come on GeneD!

BTW Emmo, what is the water lever at Lake Eufaula (http://www.fishconnect.com/State/AL/Eufaula/eufaula.htm)these days?

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 06-21-2000).]

Varyak
06-24-2000, 10:06 PM
Hey Mike! Heather says if you bring some more of those Donzi "tatoo's" she'll let you put another on her like at Hooters at the Jax Poker Run. Please make sure they are not "Dinzi" tatoos. After getting all sun tanned with the tatoo on, she washed it off and had a "clear" Donzi tatoo for another week. Had to tie her down to keep her from showing it to EVERYBODY! Nobody complained, but you know how women talk...especially at the symphony.
How fast will a new 18' Classic go with the Scorpion engine? My wallet is starting to itch again.
Mark

Emmo
06-25-2000, 04:51 PM
I don't know what the water level is like, but we have been getting some rain in the last couple of days. There's no way to tell until a few weeks before Labor Day what it will be like. I did find a list of Eufaula restaurants-
Restaurants in Eufaula, Alabama (http://www.ecug.com/rest.html)

------------------