PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to NY Poker Run

Frank Civitano
06-07-2000, 05:24 AM
Anyone going to NY either to participate or watch by boat? Geo are you going.

------------------
Frank Civitano

johndmay
06-07-2000, 07:15 AM
Steve Boxma (Boxy) will likely be there. I'm not going to this one, but we're definately going to the one on the last weekend of August, 25, 26, and 27th.

------------------
John D. May
Manotick, Ont.
www.jackmay.com

seano
06-07-2000, 07:50 AM
Frank,

I probably won't make this one either...but I'm gonna try for the August run. BTW, did you go to the Jersey poker run? My buddy John "Let's Rock" apparently blew a motor. The boat is on it's way back to Outerlimits as we speak.

Frank Civitano
06-07-2000, 12:23 PM
Seano
You know John and Caroline? They are the 2 nicest people in the world. I felt so bad for John when that happened it sounds like a valve is hanging up. He can run the motor but cant get rpms. Thank god he is still under waranty. John still made it to the Poker run. I was with John last year at SBI race in Key West. That Outerlimits is beutiful! I'm on the Committe with the NJPPC water logistics. Hopefully I will be racing the August race. Tell John he the man!!

------------------
Frank Civitano

boxy
06-07-2000, 01:05 PM
Slight correction JohnD, I will be at the Alex Bay NY Poker Run, I won't be at the NYC Poker Run, which is the one I think the guys are talking about here. I heard/saw you on the river /SaturdaySunday, any porpising solutions yet.

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

seano
06-07-2000, 02:56 PM
Frank,

I've known John for a couple of years now...since he had the Slingshot. I met them at Falcon(falconhp.com) He and his father are a class act. They are certainly the nicest folks I've met.

Yeah, I heard one of the motors was backfiring through the carbs and couldn't get any RPMs...I hope they warrantee it! I don't think he will have a problem though, Mike and Paul are stand up guys and it doesn't sound like the bottom end got hurt.

Have fun at the Poker Run---bring back lots of pics, and let me know if you see any classic Cigarettes or Magnums!

GEOO
06-07-2000, 03:07 PM
Frank, I won't be making the Poker Run this year!! I have gone to that event the last three years. I sure will miss it. I hope my engine is done by the middle of June!!! GEOO

Frank Civitano
06-07-2000, 06:05 PM
George
I will be there as a spectator, I will have Phil Galletta { Hotboat } with me lets see if we can get him to do a story on your pocket rocket! If you feel the need for speed come to Liberty marina I'll take you for a ride.

------------------
Frank Civitano

GEOO
06-08-2000, 05:56 AM
Frank, Thanks for the offer. Maybe I'll take the Pursuit to NYC. I figure since I don't have the Donzi working it's good time to do the wife type things. Then in July & August I'll have more Donzi time.
If all goes well with the 18 project, that Hot Boat idea sounds great. What happens if the boat will do 90 but is unsafe?? Can't sell it! Would have to take engine out and find larger boat. No, I'm sure it will work!!!GEOO

GeneD
06-08-2000, 08:18 AM
Speaking of Hotboat...does anyone know if our Orlando thing was ever written up in the magazine? I do not have a subscription, and a place to buy it on the newstand has eluded me.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

johndmay
06-08-2000, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by boxy:
Slight correction JohnD, I will be at the Alex Bay NY Poker Run, I won't be at the NYC Poker Run, which is the one I think the guys are talking about here. I heard/saw you on the river /SaturdaySunday, any porpising solutions yet.

Hi Steve,

Sorry.......my mistake. As for the porpoising, it looks like we'll be getting the bottom tended to sometime in July, when time and space are available. Then, hopefully, we'll see what she'll really do.
Did you find a boat yet?

------------------
John D. May
Manotick, Ont.
www.jackmay.com

Frank Civitano
06-08-2000, 03:56 PM
Hi Gene
It takes 3-4 months before an article will show up, According to Phil Galletta sometimes a little longer! Last month they had the Key run from November. We know have a freind in HotBoat.

------------------
Frank Civitano