PDA

View Full Version : 22ZX hi-back seats (suck)

Hardonzi
03-10-2002, 10:15 AM
These seats are a performance boat nightmare...All the screws are stripping or falling out,the seats rock side to side in extreme conditions.Their a joke and Donzi warranty does not cover them.It`s just a flat out poor design..just like the radio was...At these prices someone needs to pay more attn. to R&D..Commonsense would dictate anything other then bolsters in a perf. boat would be a constant fix.Hey Baja does it and I`m in no way a fan of Baja... :( :mad:

Shanghied Again
03-10-2002, 12:08 PM
Hardonzi, I don't want sound bad when I say this but. I owned a 22ZX ( Great Boat ) But not an Offshore boat. Baja, Scarab and any other 22 does not offer stand up bolster seats in a 22. I full agree they should make a sit down bolster that is stronger. Thats why I had my own built in Miami. Because I was an extream booat runner. My boat has seen more Poker Runs then many Donzis in the Country, If you want your boat to be Offshore ready you can't look at the company to do this! My 22 Had a great hull that can take the beating but I agree the interior was a little on the wimpy side but I took care of that! I Added ext steering and a few little other items to make the boat tuff! I ran the NY Poker Run 2-3ft chop at an average speed of 72mph gps at one point hit 81.5 My boat was not a stock 22ZX by no means! Dont even bring up Baja, My friend has a 25 Outlaw that has spider cracks in the dash and rear and they refuse to do anything about it! They say he is running the boat to hard and in the Ocean! I laughed and he is not the only one! My Cousin has a 22 Scarab and his seat broke right of the floor Fiberglass and all, Wellcraft said the same thing the boat is not made for extream conditions, Thats why most of your boat companys are getting away from 22 ft boats that resemble offshore boats, Baja dropped the Hammer, Wellcraft dropped the 22 Scarab, Skater no longer makes the 21-24 ft boats. Get on Tonys case from Donzi about your seats and see what he says.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-10-2002, 01:22 PM
We went through two or three seats, the dealer made good every time in our 22ZX!
I would be hot too!
AND LET ME QUOTE the Donzi Brochure;
You drive the boat, NO WORRIES, we take care of it simple!
My opinion is his dealer owes him some seats...
Bryan

Hardonzi
03-10-2002, 05:02 PM
Frank,Don`t get me wrong I love this boat,In fact I`ll put it against any other maker in its class.It has awesome speed and ride for its size,the lines and Hi-Roller graphics has every one thinking I`m running a 25-26ft boat..I`m gonna try to have it at the Poker Run April 6 in Sarasota.The seats look great they just are not seaworthy at 65 on 2-3 footers..I guess I`m just venting,but my dealer told me the seats are not a covered item,and I had it there 2 months ago because they wouldn`t turn or slide front to back. :mad: Tony Who?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-10-2002, 06:07 PM
I always left the seats all the way forward, this made them more stable. In the back position there is minimal weight on the pedastle, not a good thing.
Also, there were several screws underneath that had missing lock washers, I put some in with bigger screws and it helped.

Lastly, the ZCARE book lists all items not covered, the seats are not listed as "not" items...
Frank is talking about Tony Vingeli.
Good luck.
Bryan

Shanghied Again
03-10-2002, 06:08 PM
I will call Steve Simon and get Tonys full name for you. I will also tell him about your problem, So he knows what is going on. We are working on a new Dearlership in NJ and one of the main concerns is the Waranty problems that Donzi has. A lot of this can be rectified with the the right phone calls and I had the same issues with the seats in the 22. Mine never fell apart put as hard as I drive a boat and being my boat was supercharged. I didn't want to play with the swivel seats so I had custom ones made for $950.00 in Miami that matched the boat perfect. You could stand but I wouldn't recomend it. I will be talking Donzi tomorow so I will see what I info I can get for you.

RickSE
03-11-2002, 09:06 AM
A lot of the bad warranty issues seem to be related to the dealers and not Donzi. Is it me or does it seem like some dealers are reluctant to push through warranty issues.

My experience is that Donzi will go above and beyond to cover warranty issues, but you have to have a good dealer to push it through.

KMLFAMILY
03-11-2002, 09:54 AM
How come no one build"s a boat seat with a suspension system ? Think about it. Your office chair"s have a ram in the pedestal that goes up and down. Truck"s have the bostrom seat that has a scissor type suspension although air powered ram. You could design one with a gas shock.Steal the one off your kid"s dirt bike.Maybe even an ejection option! :confused: