PDA

View Full Version : Prop Locks

mjpcowboy
03-09-2002, 06:34 PM
I have a ZX with 500 EFI's and I wnat to put prop locks on it. Someone told me that prop locks are not designed for anything over 400 HP and that they could break and spin off the props. I cannot find anything about a HP limit for prop locks. Does anyone know if they will or will not work with these motors? Thanks, Rick :rolleyes:

RickR
03-10-2002, 05:51 AM
I've used the McGuard prop lock for years with no problem (up to 420HP and some salt water)
I don't see where the HP would effect the prop nut?

BigGrizzly
03-10-2002, 07:40 AM
Wh ever gave you that story is silly. I use a McGard in mine and I have 698 HP and run upwarda of 5200->5700 RPM. However If you have to check prop nuts any way. Some people have lost props with the stock nuts on them. You Know just when they make something Idiot proof someone makes a better IDIOT.

donzislsman
03-10-2002, 08:40 AM
Rick,

Do you not trust me anymore; isn't that the same answers I gave you. Just kidding; just got back from a ride in Curt's 38 daytona this morning. Pretty sharp boat, fast. By the way the bill for my shoes is in the mail.

Barry

nuck'in futs
03-10-2002, 08:59 AM
Rick, I used the prop lock for about a year and a half on a 502/Blackhawk with no problems. Not much over 400hp though. I've also not heard about any limitations with those locks.

Sean
03-11-2002, 05:51 PM
Rick,

Having purchased two Donzi's from Barry, I would have been hesitant to believe him also. Sorry Barry, I had to get a jab in. It sounds as though your problem has been solved. Go with the locks and have fun.

Sean

Sean
03-11-2002, 06:04 PM
Barry,

In response to your shoes, I still haven't heard where you want me to send the bill for my truck. You better get back to selling boats to cover the bill I'll be sending you.

Sean

P.S. Hope all is going well. Haven't heard from you. Just don't give other customers directions to a short cut. eek!