PDA

View Full Version : Trailer for X18???

bverd
06-05-2000, 04:49 PM
In the market for a new trailer for my X18. What are weigt limits that I should look for? Any body have better experience with one brand rather then the other.

Thanks,
Brad

RickR,GroveCity
06-05-2000, 09:22 PM
Brad
I have a Rolls trailer for my 18 and in the fall I am getting a Rolls for my 22.
Rick's 18 and trailer FOR SALE (http://www.donzi.net/hull.cfm?id=183)(Registry info is incorrect)
At the time Rolls only sold a 6000#, 19' to 21' tandem so they custom made one for me. I only run 32 lbs of air in the tires. BTW My 18 is a BBC with the big OMC Drive.
With a SBC/Alpha or Volvo figure around 3200# for boat, fuel, rigging, and gear. Then add for trailer weight. I highly reccomend a Tandem because of the tire ratings. Most trailer tires are rated at 1700# which is insufficent for total GVW of an 18 and trailer.

------------------
RickR mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>
BTW Do a search for Rolls there is a thread in March with more info

[This message has been edited by RickR,GroveCity (edited 06-05-2000).]

Hotboat
06-05-2000, 10:44 PM
I have an original brochure for the X-18 and it states that the gross weight is 2250 lbs. The older boats were made lighter than the newer ones. I have always thought that any boat 18' or longer needed a tandem axle trailer. I just recently purchased an X-18. It is scheduled to be delivered this weekend. I sent the tandem axle trailer from under my Classic 18 in East TN to NH to get the other boat. My driver said it pulled like a dream. Very anxious to see what I have purchased.

------------------
Hotboat