PDA

View Full Version : PAGING TAX TIPS... free beer at AOTH II

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-08-2002, 09:21 PM
David, I just enjoyed a long conversation with Scott B. I would like to treat the keg for the Friday night social gathering at Jamestown.

Need to know where you recommend we stop to get the Keg before the dry counties begin. Or just info on where to get it etc. Our route has us coming North to the Cumberland Parkway from Knoxville.

Bryan

Bandit
03-09-2002, 07:43 AM
Hey Bryan,

You knew how to get my attention with free beer!!!

If I recall, you'll be coming up I-75 from Knoxville and cutting over on Hwy 80 through Somerset to Jamestown.

Unfortunately, the closest place to get a keg is in TN. I don't venture down there much so I'm not sure which exit (probably around Knoxville) to get one.

But I've got a deal for you. How about I pick one up on my way down from Lexington since I'll be stopping anyway to stock up for the weekend?
That way you could keep on cruising towards Jamestown for AOTH II without worring about finding a keg.

If that's OK with you, just let me know what brand your taste buds desire.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-09-2002, 09:07 AM
Bandit, DEAL...
I can pay you cash there or prefer just to mail you the funds, email me your address, I will get the check out this evening...
It is Nancy and I's way of saying thanks to all the Donzi net folks for my continuing education here! Plus I like giving to great causes.
BBBBuuuuuudddddwwwwiiissseeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

we are about to launch! gotta run.

Bryan

Bandit
03-11-2002, 09:06 AM
No need to send the funds in advance.

It sounds like you'll be getting there on Fri. I'm leaving out Fri. on the houseboat and heading that way and I'm not sure my arrival time at Jamestown.

I'd like to drive down by land on Thurs. night and drop the keg off so it's there when you want to tap it.

Is there anybody staying at Jamestown Thurs. night that I could meet up with and drop the keg off in their room?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-11-2002, 12:25 PM
BANDIT, we will arrive Thursday afternoon between 3 and 4pm. So either a trash can etc to keep it iced until Friday night.

Ideally mabybe SCOTT BOLDTS can work it with them and they can just toss it into a walk-in type cooler, I will mention it to Scott.
Thanks BANDIT.
Bryan

Digger
03-11-2002, 01:14 PM
eek! ehh..wazzat?? free beer? I'm in! eek! Bryan, I'd be happy to take half that keg cost, I figure by the time we get there I'll be ready for it!

bverd
03-11-2002, 01:25 PM
I will be down there Thursday, you can leave it with us. wink I will fight off the vultures that arive on Thursday and forget it is a dry county. --Brad
I wonder where I can steal a garbage can from to keep the keg on ICE. Maybe the marinia would hold it for us. Bolts, any thoughts on that?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-11-2002, 03:45 PM
DIGGER, sounds like a plan, price share is the ticket. And I am flexable on brands too.
Just a way to help Scott B pull this all together.

We look forward to the convoy. My old floor jack struggles picking up the new boat! New jack need for trips and maitenance.

Another great day hear, the tree man just left, no more pine crap on my boat while she rests...

Talk to ya soon DIGGER.

BVERD, thank you for offering to help in case we are late, not sure of BANDITS arrival time yet.
Bryan

Formula Jr
03-11-2002, 03:49 PM
If anyone finds the need to aquire refreshment in a pinch, just seek me out.

Owen

BERTRAM BOY
03-11-2002, 03:59 PM
I think Mr. Verd would be very responsible to "guard" the keg......Just don't leave him the tap...........
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

waleyetwo
03-11-2002, 05:26 PM
is it really a dry state? man i'll have to bring down a lot of NH beer becuse we like to party.

ToonaFish
03-11-2002, 06:21 PM
I bet if you ask Freida very nicely she'll tell you who makes the local shine...

Bunches,

Celene 'what octane is in this jug?'

Bandit
03-11-2002, 06:44 PM
Ok, that's one order for a regular leaded Bud keg(not light).

I have a keg container to keep it cold so no need to find a stray garbage can. I'll also bring a large tarp to wrap it up and the tap. You guys have to figure out who controls the tap after I leave Thurs. night!

I should be arriving to Jamestown around 6:00 or so Thurs. evening.

Waleye, KY is not dry but nowhere on Cumberland is wet. Without a doubt, it's probably the highest popluated area in the state during the summer that is wet, but you just can't buy it legally.

So, if you are traveling from the north on I-75 stop at the 2nd Richmond exit (below Lexington), turn left off the exit and down on the left is a Mega Liquor store (plenty of room for your boats). As I mentioned earlier, if your coming up south on I-75 stop around Knoxville. Those coming from the north on I-65 need to stop around Louisville and those from the south on I-65 stop in Bowling Green.

bverd
03-11-2002, 07:11 PM
Bandit - Thanks for the last ditch locations to stop. I am staying at the Jamestown resort, right down by the Marina. I will be bringing my own hard alcohol so no need to worry about me and the keg. Amy on the other hand... just kidding.

Man this is going to be so much fun. ANYBODY and I mean ANYBODY on the fence about coming to AOTH II needs to get off of it and come down, it is the best time. --Brad

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-12-2002, 04:24 AM
Thanks Bandit, we all appreciate the data and offer to pick up the keg/tap/tub/tarp etc...

I still haven't spoken with scott B, but he will be around for sure on Thursday and he will likely have a plan in place.

If Scott says it is too hard we may need plan B, but I think it is doable.
Thanks again.
Bryan

boldts
03-12-2002, 10:00 AM
Plan? Did someone say I am suppling a plan? Just kidding. The Ohio car-a-van is scheduled to arrive early afternoon on Thursday. I'm calling Freida today so I hope to have a few more things finalised. As far as refreshments go. I like Bandit's suggestions on where to stop on the way in. Here is the only problem we have as to where to store the refreshments. Saturday, there is a wedding reception at the yacht club which is where we held all our meetings and refreshments last year. Saturday night after our helocopter picture taking, tour of the lake/poker run, I want to have a nice sit down meal with dancing, poker hand prise give away, and general relax, reflect session along with a couple other awards to be handed out. Since a few of you will be leaving Sunday, it will probably not be the party that say Thursday and Friday nights will be. Plan for now will be to set-up refreshments at the yacht club for thurs. and friday. We'll then find a couple hands to help move what is left to the Resort meeting room on Saturday morning to get out of the way for the wedding party. If you all think we should just set-up in the Resort meeting room, I'm all ears, but it was nice sitting down next to the lake last year.

Thurs. evening meal I am thinking Pizza since we may have some late arrivers.

Friday lunch - Boat ride up to Conley Bottom marina. Then a ride to 76 Falls and the Dam area for speed runs and Donzi admiring.
Friday evening meal I am thinking Barbecue.

Saturday lunch will be stop #3 on the lake tour at State Dock marina. Thinking some type of sandwich, sub, kind of like a picnic since planning large meal later in the day.
Saturday evening I'm thinking along the lines of buffet with family style offerings.

That is where I'm at on the food plans so far. BTW if anyone has better ideas or suggestions, I'm very open to ideas.

I'm still trying to plan how to show up with a new 2002 22' Classic in white with blue stripes paint scheme. I found out today that you can get a ProCharged 496 from the factory with a warranty. Kind of put a new twist on things for me! We'll see how the cost factor fits in. :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-12-2002, 02:19 PM
Scott sounds great, BANDIT arrives Thursday sometime, we will arrive Thursday afternoon, whoever stores or holds on to the keg it will be appreciated by DIGGER and I. If it sounds to hard just say so, I can bring booze and a blender from VA... Just wanted to treat some beverages for the group. Up to you guys. We don't pay taxes on booze so it is cheap.

496 Procharged uh... man I wonder if I could get the factory to procharge mine and cover it! Hell I would drive to Fla for that!
Good luck Scott, stay on them and keep us posted on the 22....
Bryan

boldts
03-12-2002, 03:54 PM
Bryan,
Yes the ProCharger aspect really kind of changed my mind what I wanted to look at price wise. It seems Donzi will put the Charger on any engine you pick including the Scorpian engine and the 6.2 which is a down grade of the Scorpian. With a warranty. Now, I've not learned how long the warranty lasts yet. But if you want something that will run close to the SE boat, this may be an avenue. We know how Frank and Randy's boats ran last year. I can see it now, ProCharger stock goes through the roof because of performance boat buyers wants. Next thing you know, it won't be an option, but a standard item!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-12-2002, 04:42 PM
I would think a 377 Scorp in an 18 or a 22 classic would ROCK!
What is the price difference between 377 Scorp and HP 500?
I would also think an 18 or 22 classic with a 496HO would also scream, not allot of weight, lots of HP....
But I wouldn't know, just guessing.
SCOTT B, you have mail.
Bryan