PDA

View Full Version : Thunderboat Alley.com

Forrest
06-05-2000, 02:34 PM
Looks like since this site is such a hit, someone else recently started a registry site for the other Classic Aronow boats. Check out ThunderboatAlley.com (http://www.thunderboatalley.com). When it's all fleshed out, it looks like it will be a very interesting web site. Also, I'm glad to see that they didn't try to cover Donzi, too. Everyone knows that this is the only non-factory run Donzi site and it's now well established.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 06-05-2000).]

seano
06-05-2000, 06:13 PM
Forrest,

Thanks for the plug...I hadn't yet planned to announce my new site, but since the cat's out of the bag, I gues I'l tell y'all about it.

I was inspired by Scot's work here on the Donzi Registry and being a Cigarette owner/enthusiast, I decided to create a gallery for the other Aronow classics. While putting together my 28, I found it difficult to find information abou this great boat and was always looking for ideas on updating the boat and restoring as close to original as possible. While I made many modifications, the boat is still classic Cigarette.

I hope folks will enjoy the site, and as you said, I am just beginning. I have a ton of pics I have collected over the past two years and hope to get them all up in a short period of time.

Additionally, I am working on a couple of exciting new features to add to the site, so stay tuned!

BTW, without your permission, I added your Magnum to the Magnum Gallery...I hope you don't mind http://206.150.187.82/ubb/smile.gif , and I would like to get some more info from you (I think it is on a previous thread, so I will look for it).

Eugene Nahemow
06-05-2000, 07:25 PM
Sean,
The 1978 Magnum Sport that you have on your site above Forrest's is mine. The drives are TRS. The boat since I bought it last year has been extensively modified.
I also have a 18' 1967 Donzi Classic 2+3 which should be in the Donzi Registry soon.
Regards,
Eugene

Frank Civitano
06-05-2000, 07:54 PM
Seano
Great job! Site looks really good .

------------------
Frank Civitano

anotherScott
06-05-2000, 08:10 PM
Sean,
The 1976 brown Cigarette 28' SS is mine. I bought it in November of 1999, and am in the process of doing the TRS drives, as well as the 350's over again.
I will be using my 1975 18' Donzi (351 GT-40 Ford, Alpha drive) this summer.
Looking forward to your new site!!

AnotherScott....or should I say another Aronow fan.

anotherScott
06-05-2000, 08:15 PM
Sean,
I was just told there is more than one brown 28' SS. Mine has the name "Paige One" on the side. Scott

seano
06-06-2000, 06:35 AM
Guys,

Thanks for the info, and thanks for the support and complements! ...I'll update the site later this evening. I would also be delighted if you can send me updated photos of the boats and personal info--name and area where you do your boating. If you are so inclined, send me an email, the address is info@thunderboatalley.com. The general idea is to start a boat in the gallery and when you, the owner see it there, send me more info and I can then move it to the registry. Sound like a good idea?

Forrest
06-12-2000, 04:07 PM
seano, I'll send you some info and more pics soon. Any info you can find that I posted here is OK to post there. Let me know how I can help.

------------------
Forrest

superhatz
06-12-2000, 09:40 PM
Hey seano...great site! but I can't get any pictures on my mac. Any ideas?

Thanks