PDA

View Full Version : Boat Status

harbormaster
04-01-2003, 06:57 PM
Well the engine is back together. The carb and trim pump stuff will be reassembled and installed tomorrow. The engine and everything should be in by Thursday night. Probably align and install the outdrive friday morning and splash her on Saturday. I cannot wait.

Chris-007
04-01-2003, 07:03 PM
I know the feeling... Delivery this weekend or next.

Good luck with your first run.

Sam
04-01-2003, 07:04 PM
Sounds good Scot, make sure you give us a report after you splash her.

Sam

Rootsy
04-01-2003, 07:06 PM
GOTTA LOVE the optimism! we feel for ya Scot.. don't we sam!

harbormaster
04-01-2003, 07:08 PM
Optimism Hell! I am merely stating facts...

BUIZILLA
04-01-2003, 07:51 PM
You said 3 weeks, and you weren't kidding..

nice job !!

J

is the hatch still on the ground?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
04-01-2003, 08:44 PM
Scot, were happy for you, sounds great, keep us posted.
And you of all people should share a few more pictures! :)
Best of luck,
Bryan

Rootsy
04-01-2003, 09:07 PM
i was only kidding scot... i forgot one or two of these... :D :D

krakmeup
04-02-2003, 10:38 AM
Cool Scot - we will probably dust off Mental Floss and be out there, as she will have a bottom cleaning next week so I want to do baseline GPS runs this weekend to see effects of removing the 'carpet'. Call me with your plans - Friday Jim and I will probably be tinkering and then splash in the afternoon. Saturday may be a day to tow the Donzi.........

harbormaster
04-03-2003, 07:52 AM
The carb is reassembled, adjusted, painted and back on the engine. The trim pump assembly is back together and ready to bolted back it.

I also cleaned the rust of the rear lif ring bracket in the engine compart ment, treated it with rust killer and painted it phantom black.

I cleaned the leaves out of the once spotless bilge in preparation of dropping in the engine this morning. It looks brand new.

I will take some photos as it goes in. We should be ready for a sea trial this afternoon or early tomorrow morning. WoooHoooo!!!

harbormaster
04-03-2003, 01:07 PM
This morning the following was accomplished...

Dual battery wiring was installed and the batteries were moved to the engine compartment.
The compartment under the rear seat now can be used for storage.

The trim pump assembly installed in a new location. now water from the hatch gutter does not drip on it.

The engine is now bolted in and all the connections are now being connected....

woohoo!

Dredgeking
04-03-2003, 01:16 PM
scot, nice progress. sounds like you're keeping the schedule. good luck.

harbormaster
04-03-2003, 04:13 PM
Finished!!!!!
I am waxing it up and cleaning it out. It has had the cover off for the past couple of weeks. I also have to wash the footprints off of the hatch where we were walking on it. :D

It looks like a new engine. I took alot of photos but I have to get the film developed. I am using my digital camera money for the boat revamping.

The shakedown cruise is tomorrow morning at 8:00am CST. I called work and told them I am coming in late...

You know. Those of you who have bought used boats. If you have the time, its not a bad idea to jerk the engine and outdrive to see what you really have. In my case I averted possible disasters with hoses that were not properly secured, and also a circulator pump that had a leak that was not readily visible. If you can do it its pretty good insurance.

Or else you can have Chris (CDMA) crawl under her engine to look.

<small>[ April 03, 2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Harbormaster ]</small>

Dredgeking
04-03-2003, 04:15 PM
holy moly. you need to send proof of life on this one. :)

Donzigo
04-03-2003, 07:31 PM
Scot, nice going on the install. Send pictures.

(Nice chatting with ya yesterday.)Have fun this weekend.

JimG
04-03-2003, 08:24 PM
Way cool! I'm going out tomorrow morning, too. I need to sea trial mine, after the water pump install... I'll call you!

JimG

Chris-007
04-03-2003, 08:36 PM
Good luck on your run Harbormaster!
:D :D :D

penbroke
04-03-2003, 10:20 PM
Have a great run!! I would be very interested to see the battery installation. I'm still thinking about mine.

Frank
6-12 inches of @#$%^&* snow tomorrow.