PDA

View Full Version : PaulO

Dave Strobert
05-26-2000, 07:21 PM
Paul did you get your windshield from Donzi.
I talked with them last year and they were available somewhere in the 500 dollar range.
Yours looks great. I think that we have very similar boats. Mine is a 73 18' with an original color of yellow with black stripe. Left hand steering converted to right. The boat now is red with black stripes. The number that I got with my boat is C18-407 for whatever that is worth.

------------------
Strobe

PaulO
05-30-2000, 08:09 AM
Dave,
Where in NY are you and the boat located? I'd love to see it. Was the steering moved to accomodate a Mercruiser swap? Give us the details. I got my windshield used here on the board. I have to go back and look to see what year it was off of. It was the best purchase I made for this project. $150.
Paul

Dave Strobert
05-30-2000, 08:51 PM
Paul: I live in Watertown and we keep the boat in Clayton, next to the Antique Boat Museum. My steering has been changed as a result of a merc swap. The boat came from Syracuse but I don't know any prior history.
I've had Built-Rite do the upholstry and replaced the 454 with a 302. I'll take some
pics this weekend and post them.

------------------
Strobe

GeneD
05-31-2000, 07:41 AM
Hey Dave, I went to Oswego State University (Ice Station Zebra) for a year. What a hell ride, let me tell you. I really got a kick out of the way they packed the snow like walls on the sides of the roads. One winter, we were able to climb the snow piles and touch the top of the light poles, insane weather up there.
Not to mention the freaky way the lake would freeze up and cause ice flows to wash up on the front lawn of my dormitory. We lost two pea brains that year on the ice. Didn't find them until the spring.
How do you deal with the winter? I couldn't wait to leave NY and get to the sunshine state.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

seano
05-31-2000, 08:02 AM
Just thought I'd share some of my upstate adventures...my brother went to Potsdam and married a girl from Watertown...they now live on Long Island.

I went to Oneonta State which is part of the freezing rain belt---man, the first year I was there, it snow until May...boy, that was the coldest 5 years of my life!--and if you've ever visited Oneonta, you'll know why it took me 5 years to gradiate!

I visited Oxbow last summer and went to Barney Island on Hickory Lake. It was just the first week in September and we couldn't swim or anything. I did catch a bunch of nice largemouth though! Couldn't wait to get back to Long Island.--No offense, but that is a short boating season...

Ah, the joys of living upstate!

Dave Strobert
05-31-2000, 09:12 PM
WE LIVE UP HERE BECAUSE WE REALLY REALLY LIKE HAVING LOTS OF SNOW, SLEET, FREEZING RAIN, GRAY TREES(NO LEAVES), HAVING 4 JEEPS IN THE FAMILY. THEN WE GET TO SNOWBLOW MOST EVERY DAY TAKES ABOUT AN HOUR. DO PEOPLE GET TO USE THEIR BOATS MORE THAN 3 MONTHS A YEAR?

------------------
Strobe

jon v don z
05-31-2000, 11:55 PM
ice boats...yah, sure...

Varyak
06-01-2000, 10:16 PM
Just back from racing (Porsche) at Watkins Glen this past weekend. Located at the southern tip of Seneca Lake, part of the Finger Lakes region of NY. Also drove to Cayuga Lake - these lakes attached at the northern end. Weather was cool but very pleasant change from Florida. So my point to this is you guys in NY should invite us up for a summer thing at the Lakes. Plenty of good harbor choices. Great water (I'm not a skier, so ice water no problem). Any ideas?
Mark
Jax, FL