PDA

View Full Version : Best Powerboat Magazine

Jake
03-05-2002, 07:53 AM
My subscription is up on one of my car magazines and I wanted to get input on which magazine you guys think is the best. Thanks for any help.

Ranman
03-05-2002, 11:51 AM
Hot Boat is by far the most fun :)

www.hotboat.net (http://www.hotboat.net)

CDMA
03-05-2002, 11:58 AM
I like Hot boat too...

I used to like Powerboat till that special eddition article :mad: :mad: :mad:

Chris

Jake
03-05-2002, 12:58 PM
CDMA,
What special edition are you talking about? I seem to like what they have online. Thanks.

CDMA
03-05-2002, 01:04 PM
They did an article a couple months ago on the 22 donzi special eddition that was less then entusiastic. They seemed to like the boat but said that it has " too much power". :(

Chris

EricG
03-05-2002, 01:57 PM
I personally prefer Powerboat to Hot Boat (the 22 article aside :confused: ). Powerboat tends to cover lots of different boats and subjects (which I like). Whereas Hot Boat is more focused on the Custom builders, and the Arizona/California boats. Plus I can't stand the fact that every single article in Hot Boat is 1 or 2 pages long, and then finished in the back...the last quarter of the magazine is always dedicated to finishing the articles from the rest :mad: , I don't know why, but that just drives me nuts....

Don't get me wrong, I read both every month, I just prefer Powerboat....good luck! :D

EG

Sagbay32
03-05-2002, 03:01 PM
I have subscriptions to both mags, but I will not be renewing Hot Boat. I am sick of the "California scene".

My $.02

Jamesbon
03-05-2002, 05:41 PM
I agree, Hot Boat kicks a*s, except for the fact that they're "West Coast" biased. My $.02.

HP 600SC
03-05-2002, 06:27 PM
Personally I always can't wait till
my issue of Big-uns get's here every month!
another wunderfull FLYNT publication! http://216.40.201.155/s/cwm/cwm/rcain.gif

Jake
03-05-2002, 06:34 PM
After seeing Ranman's post on Donzi girls I'd think that he knows a lot about that magazine!

Scott Pearson
03-05-2002, 07:11 PM
Screw the boat Mags.....OUTLAW BIKER or GIRLS of OUTLAW BIKER. Best damn Mags anywhere....My 2 crappy cents.

(NJ)Scott

SS18
03-05-2002, 07:20 PM
HP,
Ah you mean The better homes and gardens! Don't
you? At least that's is what the boys think that they think that's what I think that they think it is. :D I still like hotboat for Mainly
The classifieds.Hell we even got a dupount registry but that's somewhat of a dream!
jIM IN nj :D

Dvo
03-05-2002, 08:10 PM
Just started a Boating World subscription for
$16 annual for 10 issues. Read a few issues at the barber shop. I liked their coverage of new boats, marine products, and boat maintenance. Try their web page: boatingworldonline.com.

Sagbay32
03-06-2002, 11:04 PM
Hey Dvo,
I kinda fell into a year of Boating World myself. My niece was selling mag subscriptions for school and the Wife asked me what I wanted. I told her anything with boats. I ended up with boating World and I actually enjoy the magazine.

I also pick up Lakeland boating, Boating Life, Wooden boat and 4 different Swappers.........ok, I admit it. I got a problem.

Oh yeah, I saw a new one the other day that I may have to check out. I think it was called Family and Performance Boating. Sorry Honey eek!

Dr. Dan
03-07-2002, 09:07 AM
Check out "Trailer Boats" a magazine that isn't as flashy as the obvious choices above but, some great sources for parts and articles related to towing...Liz received a complimentary subscription for something...it's actually got some great info. tire pressures, bearings, Tow Vehicles and of course boats, just not the Classics! :rolleyes: www.trailerboats.com (http://www.trailerboats.com) ...Doc

Jake
03-07-2002, 11:46 AM
Doc,
I tried the websit ebut it didn't pull up. Is there something wrong or is it just me? Thanks. Jake