PDA

View Full Version : 16 seat hieght

MOP
04-01-2003, 07:02 AM
I am toying with the idea of dropping my helm seat down as low as I can get it, has anyone up here ever done this. I found some steel sliders that sit right on the deck, but not S/S so I won't use them. Any input?

Sam
04-01-2003, 07:53 AM
What are you try to accomplish ? I would think that you might lose some of your abilty to brace yourself with your legs. I know there's not a lot of leg room and your back can take a pounding at times but if it were me I would leave it alone. Just my two cents.

Sam :)

mattyboy
04-01-2003, 08:06 AM
MOP,
I have a non original bucket that is mounted right to the deck and it doesn't adjust and can be a problem for taller drivers( not me)I love it u feel more in the boat then on it, have to remove the well locker to in stall I think

Matt

<small>[ April 01, 2003, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: mattyboy ]</small>

Christian
04-01-2003, 07:37 PM
hi all,
We restored a 16 a while back it was a newer boat, and it felt like we where sitting on the deck when we where running it. we did a few things: we cut the seat mount down, then re padded the helm bucket to make it a bit lower. did the trick, used a newer type foam to keep my bum nice. give us a call if you have any questions!

Regards,
Christian Del Collo
Aronow Offshore - RoseBudRacing

MOP
04-01-2003, 11:57 PM
Last summer, I just for the heck of it pulled the seat of the base and tried sitting with a boat cushion under and behind propped to give decent back support. I think a slider on the deck would get it down there, it would have to go back a bit for leg room. It does feel cool running down bay sitting low.

boldts
04-02-2003, 02:26 PM
Just a thought, but you still need to keep the track up off the floorboard don't you to allow the lock down rod space to work? When I had my 18 interior redone, I worked with Built-rite to adjust the foam like Christian suggested.