PDA

View Full Version : What The?????

Looped
03-04-2002, 12:07 PM
Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1808819415

boxy
03-04-2002, 01:22 PM
Up here, every second house has one. Since the ice actually only leaves the river completely for 2 days a year, we had to figure some way to launch the boat and stay dry. :D :D :D
It does look pretty cool though, it would allow you to drive your boat right into your garage, no need for a seperate boat house.
I wonder how steep of a launch ramp it would handle.

Danny
03-04-2002, 01:40 PM
The Boat Launcher is manufactured just outside of Midland Ontario in a village called Perkinsfield.
Our water level on Georgian Bay, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan fluctates almost 7 feet the low in 1963 to the high I think in 1986. This really plays havoc with permanent docks especially with long gradual shorelines.
This local marina operator saw a market for this and has been working on it for a couple of years and now is manufacturing it. I have not seen the finished one but I was impressed with with the prototype I saw and I have heard nothing but positive things about the concept and the product.
We are approaching the all time low again this year and if you have beach front this is the way to go.
I'm lucky my waterfront drops off very quickly and I have no need for something like this.
The manufactures are Carl and Sally Braun (705)528-6241 http://www.beachlauncher.com
Danny

Ross
03-04-2002, 06:32 PM
I like Boxy's explaination since on Georgian Bay some years the ice never sinks and we just load our boats onto the LAUNCHER and drive around on the ice and pretend we are boating !! wink

Danny
03-04-2002, 08:16 PM
ROSS
With one of these you could go right from home to Hindson's and eliminate the dockage fees.
Danny

boxy
03-05-2002, 07:11 AM
Here a few cool Q/A's from their website...

Q: Is the Beachlauncher™ safe for the operator and those around it?
A: The machine is geared and governed for a maximum speed of 5 mph. The operator must be at the helm before the machine can move and the machine is very stable.

Q: How is the Beachlauncher powered?
A: The Beachlauncher™ is powered by a 13 H.P. Briggs and Stratton engine, chain drive and variable speed belt clutch.

Q: What is the turning radius of the Beachlauncher™?
A: Depending on the terrain, the turning radius of the Beachlauncher is approximately 40 feet.

Q: What type of terrain is the Beachlauncher™ suited for?
A: The Beachlauncher™ will handle muddy, sandy, and grapefruit sized boulder terrain.

Q: What type of incline can the Beachlauncher™ handle?
A: The Beachlauncher™ can handle a 35 degree incline.

.... a quick check at the MapQuest site shows that the AOTH is about 960 miles from my house, if anyone wants one of these launchers, I could leave now, and be there in about 16 days, if I drive 12 hours a day. :D :D