PDA

View Full Version : Twin 21 GT Update/Updates

Rick
03-04-2002, 08:41 AM
I think we found out why the twins may have been prone to engine problems. Single 3/8" fuel lines from each tank combined to one 3/8" fuel line then split to two 3/8" fuel lines one per motor. Could this cause a lean condition at WOT? Hull is sanded, fared, primed and has recieved it's first coat of bottom paint. The boat is going back to the original cream bottom and deck, dark blue sides, and original 6" deck stripe. It doesn't appear that there was a boot stripe in the gelcoat. Were these added in paint as an option? If not then no boot stripe. Spent all Saturday tearing down 351W's. My garage looks like a Holman & Moody bomb went off. Watched it snow 6 inches and reassured myself that I am making headway. Would like to have it finished and sorted for AOTH. Will see how it goes, wish me luck. Rick

RH
03-04-2002, 06:21 PM
Rick, been there too many times. It seems as though when I finsh a boat project, I say to myself never again.... Only to find another cool project to mess up my garage. It seems the busier I am, the more productive! Just remember inch by inch, every thing is a cinch. Good luck and I hope that you can get some pictures posted with your progress. I just spent part of the weekend with the Hornet and assessing the boat and learning about it. Need to eventually have the interior freshened up as it is starting to dry out. A new tonneau cover, and that looks to be about it. Hull is in great condition and although I have not started it, the engine componants and outdrive seem to be ship shape. We will see when Spring arrives and I can splash it.