PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Marine For Sale?

Fish boy
04-01-2003, 04:55 AM
I have been away for a few days but I just read that controlling interest in Donzi was sold (or at least agreed to) late last week. Apparently some guy named Jaques Poisson D'avril from Boulogne, France, agreed to pay an undisclosed amount of $$$ for 51% of the company but says he has no plans right now to move the company out of the US. Does any one else know anything about this?

Fish

HP 600SC
04-01-2003, 06:57 AM
APRIL FOOL! :p

Fish boy
04-01-2003, 07:06 AM
Was it the guys name, Poisson d'Avril (translated as April fool) that gave it away??

florida gator
04-01-2003, 07:54 AM
Dude, my heart fell to the floor after all the time and $$$ I recently sunk into mine that I was going to have to sell very soon. :D

HP 600SC
04-01-2003, 08:30 AM
Jody, yes the guys name did it, and then I noticed the name of the city and I knew for sure!
Nice job!! Good play on words, I would expect nothing less from you councillor. :p
Ted M.

Fish boy
04-01-2003, 08:55 AM
Good catch, I thought the Boulogne France was a nice touch in case the french thing slipped by.

PS, today is my anniversary. Can you beleive Laura went along with getting married on April fools day? Up to the very end, people on both sides of our family were trying to figure out if it was my greatest gag of all, or if we were really getting married. :D

Budmann
04-01-2003, 10:32 AM
Happy A day Jody and Laura. See you this weekend.

mattyboy
04-01-2003, 03:08 PM
guys this is no april fool the story is true, and in keeping with french tradition the name Donzi which stands for powerful,agressive,American performance boats will be changed to a more suitable French name Panzi :p wink :D

Matt