PDA

View Full Version : Pics in Registry

PaulO
05-23-2000, 11:18 AM
Thanks Scot for the registry update. There is a good pic in there of the dash. The weird wooden thing is the jig I made for the placement of the Merc engine mounts. Thanks again guys for all the needed info.
Paul

RichF
05-23-2000, 10:30 PM
Paul....
Looking good!!! Nice upgrades. Have fun. http://206.150.187.82/ubb/biggrin.gif http://206.150.187.82/ubb/biggrin.gif Did you move the exhausts closer together??
Looks different.

------------------
Rich mailto:fngrht@aol.comfngrht@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RichF (edited 05-23-2000).]

GeneD
05-24-2000, 07:20 AM
PaulO, you are a freaking genius. I love the plywood jig!
The windshield looks great, did that come with it, or did you buy it?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

PaulO
05-24-2000, 07:43 AM
Rich-No the exhaust holes are in the same location. Hope you will be ready soon for a ride. Gene, thanks, coming from you that is a real compliment. The winshiled was not originally on my boat. Purchased it used from one of the board members along with the Mirage prop. Great deal. Beautiful piece. It seems the older ones like mine are stainless while the newer ones are aluminum.
Paul

Eugene Nahemow
05-24-2000, 11:35 AM
Paul,
I am a new user to the donzi registry. Your boat looks great with the new windshield! I have a 1967 - 18' 2+3 and was told by the factory that the new windshields would not fit the curvature of the older foredecks.
Do you know when the windshields were introduced for the 18' boats. Yours looks like the same foredeck as my 67 boat.
Regards,
Eugene

RichF
05-24-2000, 10:03 PM
Paul....
I'm ready !!!!!

------------------
Rich mailto:fngrht@aol.comfngrht@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RichF (edited 05-24-2000).]

Rich
05-24-2000, 10:07 PM
My 66 2+3 had a windshield.......can't find a replacement though

PaulO
05-25-2000, 07:58 AM
Eugene,
I am surprised at that response from the factory. I had always believed that the molds were identical. There were some threads here in the past that discussed various issues between old and new classics and it was my understanding that they are identical in shape and similar in construction. When I got my windshield, I did not worry about the year.
Paul

boxy
05-25-2000, 10:08 AM
Eugene, I'm looking at a '72 18 2+3, with a curved windshield. If it turns out to be a true Donzi (with Paulo's insights, I am now questioning it's origin), and I buy it, I'd be willing to sell the windshield. I'll e-mail you, if it happens.

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
Ontario

Emmo
05-26-2000, 12:13 AM
The current Classic 18 2+3 is not the same as the original "barrel-back" like my '70 model. Also, the grab rail on the older models does not go all the way around the cockpit. The later models have a grab rail that is similar to the 16 in that it goes all the way around the front of the cockpit. The transom on a "barrel-back" has the deep vee of the rest of the hull. The later models has a rounded bottom at the transom. The rounded transom is reputed to make it faster while the deep vee transom makes it handle rough water better.

------------------
Emmo mailto:emmette@emmette.comemmette@emmette.com</A>

[This message has been edited by Emmo (edited 05-26-2000).]