PDA

View Full Version : Decibel Meter Fun !

Sam
03-31-2003, 10:09 PM
I'm a little nervous about the noise my new Stainless Marine exhaust is making. It's definitely a little louder than my old stock stuff. So I picked up a decibel meter to check it out. I thought I would bring it to AOTH III for a little fun. So if your going to be there and want to check your boat out just look me up.

Sam

RedDog
04-01-2003, 08:09 AM
If loud wins and WaLo is there, its no contest :D

boldts
04-01-2003, 08:56 AM
I'll second that RedDog, but what a sweet song that engine sings. I love that Hornet! Thanks Sam! I know this is becoming an issue in many states now a days. BTW, for those of you planning the trip, no restrictions to engine music that I know about on Cumberland. This lake holds one of the largest poker runs in the country and engine exhaust has never been an issue. That is as long as your not cranking it up at 3AM :D

Forrest
04-01-2003, 09:36 AM
Yea. I'll second that. At Eufaula, when Wa-Lo fired off, the only way that I could tell if the the 383 in my X-18 was running while in neutral was to look at the tach!

mphatc
04-01-2003, 10:13 PM
NH has a tough noise law, bvut my 1969 is grandfathered . . and they can't do anything to me . . . :D

I know of several 22s that won't pass :confused:

Mario L.