PDA

View Full Version : Marine Survey Results

mphatc
03-31-2003, 09:02 PM
Friends,

I just had a marine survey done on my new to me 1969 Corsican. I went into this with a bit of trepidation, the fear of finding something I didn't want to know . . but as no insurance company would insure it anywhere close to what I paid I felt it was worth spending the money. And at $9.00 per foot it didn't kill the bank, just an afternoons gas. :rolleyes:

The results . . :D
I learned more about the boat in great detail than I ever thought was possible in such short time. Best of all it was mostly good. The fair market value came out much higher than anticipated, actually above the purchase price!

Several items that needing attention were identified, a couple of which I was unaware of.

Even after 35+ years around boats this expenditure was educational, and it is something I strongly recommend to everyone.

If you live in the New England consider calling Thomas J. Fergusan for a survey, he knew what a Corsican was immediatly, and originally from FL, he has seen many a Donzi!

His website:
http://pages.prodigy.net/tf1/index.html

Mario L.

MOP
03-31-2003, 09:40 PM
You did get a good guy, I got reco's from my buddies up there to do a GB I sold up that way. He was one of three refuted to be the best in the area. I ended up with another old timer that was I believe on his par, I surveyed myself for six years years ago. I try to get the most critical SOB's I can find to do my buyers boats. Be sure to pass him on, My thoughts being in the Biz is that about 30% are worth having aboard. The rest should come and watch the real surveyors.

olredalert
04-08-2003, 11:21 AM
Mario,

-------Ive been gone for a week and just spotted your post.Cant tell you how happy this post makes me.I was relativly sure of the outcome,but since I never had a survey done,its nice to hear.Can you tell me a little more about the survey,either on board or E-mail if you choose?Would love to hear more...........Bill S