PDA

View Full Version : Engine Alignment

Zinger
03-31-2003, 05:28 PM
Has anyone had the alignment change due to the cold temps. i aligned the motor a couple of weeks ago and the alignment was good and now it not the only thing that changed is the temperature it could colder. The boat has not been used or moved at all. Jeff

harbormaster
03-31-2003, 05:45 PM
Are your motor mounts tight?

Walt. H.
03-31-2003, 06:56 PM
Hi Jeff, You glassed in new stringers into your hull with basically no load weight.Now you installed the weight of your engine back into the hull. I would imagine that changes would cause the hull to flex's a little also depending how the hull is supported location wise. Especially the new engine mount pads you built on to the stringers themselves.They are going to take a set position after a while too.Wood & glass will do that. I would now "readjust" everything using your alignment shaft. And then see if it changes again. If its been two weeks I would think you should be ok after this re-alignment.But I would re-check it one more time for piece of mine. I guess i'm going to be in for the same problem too! Good luck and let me know as well! Walt.

MOP
03-31-2003, 10:03 PM
My boat had no changes except new engine and mounts when I put it together, end of first season 11 hours total it was off about 1-1/2 turns on the mounts. The hull sat at a buddies for a year without the engine, till I got my mitts on it. Thinking about it now, I have mid block mounts, I think a turn and a half would have raised the front of the engine up about 3/8 of an inch. A little here a little there :D