PDA

View Full Version : Lake Anna, VA

Craig
05-25-2002, 01:27 PM
Anybody from, or real familiar with, Lake Anna, Virginia? Considering a trip. Is it worth going to? Probably 3-4 hrs. from where I am. Also wondered about Smith Mt. Lake, but pretty far away. Wife and kids were watching me check out a few vacation spots to take the boat and noticed a info. web page about Buggs Island Lake. It had a picture, I guess to interest fisherman, showing a nice sized gar. They said we're not going there! Pretty funny. We ain't got those in western MD!!
Anyway, appreciate any info. on Lake Anna (pluses and minuses). Good rental leads?? A Donzi dealership to visit is, of course, always a highlight on any trip.

Scott Pearson
05-25-2002, 01:49 PM
Craig,
Brad Verd boats on that lake. e-mail him and I'm sure he can tell you alot about that lake.

(NJ)Scott

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
05-25-2002, 02:40 PM
I just spent last weekend on Smith Mountain lake, AWESOME! Very long and spread out, well marked and deep water, much like Cumberland KY. I highly recommend it.
We stayed at Mariners Landing, very luxurious for a few more bucks (3 story condo $250 a day). You also have a heated pool and hot tub in your bedroom! :D
One of the more popular places to stay is Bernards, everyone of my friends had some kind of problem there with their room or slip.
Look at www.marinerslanding.com (http://www.marinerslanding.com)
Our place was on the 5th green of a professional golf course and our slip was out our back door, I highly recommend a trip to Smith Mountailn Lake, it made the top 10 of U.S lakes.

Bryan

Steven Cohn
05-28-2002, 12:08 PM
Craig,
I've boated on and recommend Smith Mt. Lake. There's a state forrest and park (not the same place-not too over developed w/waterfront homes) The water is clean and the fishing is good (fresh water striped bass). I rented a waterfront home for two weeks that had a pool and boathouse. Check out >www.cbrentals.com< for a nice place to stay.
Steven