PDA

View Full Version : Donzi detail help needed!

RH
03-01-2002, 09:55 AM
I just took delivery of my 1972 Donzi Hornet. I very pleased at how great of condition that it is in. A nice example of an original boat except for a minor detail. The original steering wheel has been replaced with a "Momo" brand, so I am looking for an original wheel to possible replace it with. I was wondering if I can also purchase the original Donzi Logos for the hull side and would it be proper to have the American Flag logo next to it. (I like the looks of it) I will try to post some pics.

mattyboy
03-01-2002, 11:15 AM
congrats rh! good luck.
and it is always proper for an american flag on a donzi or anything else! I think the stickers are available do a search on stickers and make sure you order port and starboard 3 stickers each side the white and black donzi the american flag and the donzi marine logo
check out the registry for some ideas plenty of pics

matt

RH
03-01-2002, 02:08 PM
Thanks Mattyboy, I have been looking over the boat and it has a few things that need attention. The boat is really turn key, but a few things could be done to it. The windshield is the original Taylor Made, and has 2 small cracks, so to be perfect, a new windshield would be in order. Are they still available for the boat? Where can I search for those stickers? Thanks for your help. We are in the midst of a big snowstorm here in Central Iowa, so the water test just got push back for a while!

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
03-01-2002, 07:48 PM
What color/size is the MOMO wheel? I might be interested in it if you find a replacement. I have a "Dino" wheel (made in Italy) in black suede. I'm not sure, but I think Dino was the stock wheel on Donzis at one time. Audience?

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
03-01-2002, 08:01 PM
Now that I think about it, back in '72 they were probably still using the Champion 500 wheel. The one with the three chrome spokes w/ the three holes in each spoke, and either a black foam grip, or a white (plastic?) rim. And the chrome cup shaped centercap.
You can still get these in speed shops, or from J.C.Whitney.

Tony
03-01-2002, 08:52 PM
Dick and Cindy Weaver in Maine sell the Donzi stickers. Here is a link to an older post (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000298) that includes their e-mail address.

BigGrizzly
03-02-2002, 08:12 AM
Good luck with the boat, ita a real nice ride. All the stickers ar available, as is the wheel. the Wheel has no foam but is a thick vinel. The last price I had was $179 for a new one. but that was 20 years ago and am not in the market for one.

Randy

olredalert
03-02-2002, 10:12 AM
Not absolutely sure,but I think the available Champ 500 steering wheels are no longer stainless steel!.............just........ol red!

clayman
03-03-2002, 09:38 PM
Hey , I'll trade my original wheel that is just like described above ,chrome three spoke, with three holes, and black grip, off my 86 classic for your Mamo wheel maybe. also I bought replacement stickers from Ted, HP500. I think I saw some more at his place. Ask him. They are real nice, Donzi with the flag and logo. Let me know