PDA

View Full Version : Side Mount Throttles

Scubado
02-28-2002, 07:54 PM
I would like to replace the side mount throttle on my 2000 22ZX. It came with the Quicksilver Commander 3000 throttle. It works fine, dosn't slip but I just don't like the feeling of cheep plastic in my hand. Anyone have any experience with other throttles?

Steven Cohn
03-01-2002, 09:54 AM
I have flush mounted Uflex USA >www.uflexusa.com< controls controling twin 454s. Here's a list of other brands:
1. Gaffrig Performance Industries
>www.gaffrigperformance.com<
2. GLM Products, Inc. >www.glm-marine.com<
3. Kobelt Manufactoring Co., LTD. >www.kobelt.com<
4. Mathers Controls, Inc. >www.matherscontrols.com<
5. Morse Controls Div. IMO Industries >morsecontrols.com<
Teleflex >www.tfxmarine.com<
Vetus/Denouden >www.vetus.com<

Scubado
03-01-2002, 10:55 AM
Thanks,

Has anyone used this throttle or other before? Gaffrig and others offer this as a side mount throttle. It doesn't look like it has a trim switch. Has anyone tried something different?

http://www.donzi.net/photos/Throttle1.jpg

Ranman
03-01-2002, 11:09 AM
Steven mentioned Gaffrig Performance Industries which to me is not the "real" Gaffrig. I highly prefer Gaffrig Precision Instruments by Livorsi Marine www.livorsi.com. (http://www.livorsi.com.) To me this is the real stuff. I've heard questionable comments on the Gaffrig Performance products (ie they try to copy Livorsi and pretend to be the real Gaffrig). I have to say though, I have never seen any products from Gaffrig Performance so I have to be careful.

For a while Livorsi had a page on their website detailing the history of the two companies and it basically called Gaffrig Performance Industries frauds. The page also had limited info regarding a lawsuit between the two. Too bad it seems to be gone now. Anyone else care to give their opinion.

SundanceKid
03-01-2002, 04:50 PM
Gaffrig Performance is definately a Bo-Bo version of Livorsi. I can't believe that Livorsi hasn't obliterated this company! Their logo is almost the same, but their guages look like crap compared to the real stuff.

Scubado
03-02-2002, 11:41 PM
Was at the LA boat show looking for side mount throttles. Not much to choose from. Morse controls was the only one I could find with a integral trim switch and it was not much better than what I have now. It had plastic parts and a flimsy feel. The price was around $300.00