PDA

View Full Version : Through Hull Exhaust

MOP
05-22-2002, 10:01 PM
Hi trying to get some good input on whether or not there is a real noticable gain from through hull exhaust on a lightly modified 302 in a 16. I am swinging a 23 wheel and just break into 59 mph real light. :confused:

mattyboy
05-23-2002, 10:08 AM
have you exhausted all other options, if you got the green fun notes do the exhaust and while your at it might as well do the heads, and intake and carb, excuse me I'm rambling

do the exhaust it can't hurt and it will sound better!

Matt

MOP
05-23-2002, 07:51 PM
Yup did the 351 heads, scraped out the bore a little put a mild Blue Racer cam in. It runs nice can just get 59 MPH on GPS. One of the sipping joints (Claudios in Greenport) I go to is inundated with the super hot boat some cats that do over a 100. I am pleased with the compliments on how nice my ride looks and how super quiet it is. Thats part of my delema! Way back before some of you guys were born I had a plywood SK hull with a brandy new 55 chevy V8 that was worked to the hilt for its time, that had a Giovani cam 6 two barrels and 8 dry stacks it was deffening till you got going real fast. Anything past 2500RPM you had to have goggles and if I turned my head I lost them in a flash. But that was the days when there were ten or fifteen hot boats on the whole bay. Now its rocket city!

Stix Magill
05-23-2002, 08:20 PM
Mop,

Can't tell you for sure if you will see a difference in performance, but I would assume it would push you over the 60 mark anyway. 60 feels like 59!
Make sure that you want the "awesome sound" of thru the hull. I love my thru hull system, but my wife and neighbors don't. I wish I had silent choise or comparable. Some areas don't allow thru hull for noise pollution reasons so check that out if you haven't already.
Sounds like you have a sweet boat as it is! Good luck and let us know what you decide.

tailwind
05-23-2002, 08:27 PM
Hi MOP:

Have the Corsa Quick & Silent, or perhaps Quick & Quiet? on my 91, 18 Classic with the
King Cobra 350 Drive. Anyway, switch activated system, well engineered, & guessing would be
stock with late model DONZI's from this period. It is wired through the ACC switch, and you must remember to turn the switch off in order to prevent battery drain. Solenoids etc.

I have run performance tests (GPS) with and without and have realized a solid 2 to 2-1/2 mph
accordingly. I will however say that the Corsa system installed in my Donzi has some sort of silencer tips installed. Having said this, is it worth it from a performance standpoint, $ 1,000.00
plus ? For me probably not, from a purchase standpoint, considering the later years, I would say that it is indeed mandatory. Thru hull exhaust sets your Donzi apart from the rest - enough said.

My .02 - Trade up for a newer , faster, with the option, or " KEEP ENJOYING YOUR CLASSIC".
BTW: Please post pictures of your craft, for all of us to drool over. Knowing that your having fun with it, can not wait to see pics.

Randy

MOP
05-23-2002, 09:15 PM
I have all but given up trying to post my pic's I have thought that i did it right but it still don't work. I hav cut and pasted the URL still could not get them up.

CDMA
05-23-2002, 09:19 PM
E mail them to me I will post them.

Chris

CDMA
05-23-2002, 09:40 PM
http://www.donzi.net/photos/callard2000.jpg

MOP
05-23-2002, 10:04 PM
Thank you Chris, I had this done once before by another member. Now how do I get it next to my posts and up in the register section?