PDA

View Full Version : Z25

Cuda
05-21-2002, 05:12 PM
Does anyone have any experience with these boats? What is the deadrise on them, and how do they handle the slop? What kind of speeds will they run? Are there any problems with stringers or glass work on them?
I just sold a boat this weekend, and now I have an empty trailer I need to fill. I am down to six boats now, and I can't be that low on boats!
Thanks for any help. Now let me get outside and keep working on the interior of the Formula!

harbormaster
05-21-2002, 06:52 PM
I have always liked the Z25. Richard "DonziGO" is the resident expert on the board. He will probably reply to this thread.

Donzigo
05-22-2002, 07:36 AM
Cuda,

Call me at 727-867-7020. I might be ready to sell my Z-25.....it's too hard to think of it. Not sure. We'll talk on the phone. I don't want to send a thiry page reply to you.

Richard

harbormaster
05-22-2002, 03:33 PM
Richard, Your 25 is very nice. I would recommend it to anyone.

DaveC
05-22-2002, 05:30 PM
I had an 86 that I sold in 90, big mistake. I bought an 88 about a year ago. Frankly I don' t really understand why Donzi abandoned this series of Z boats since they are classics in their own right. Here are Z25 the specs from the 86 Portfolio: LOA 24'7"
Beam 8'6"
Draft to Keel 18"
Draft (outdrive) 34"
Freeboard Fwd (from w/l) 2'6"
Freeboard Aft (from w/l) 20"
Fuel Capacity 70 gal
Gross weight (est) 3800 lbs

Deadrise isn't stated, I believe that it's either 22 or 24 degrees (Deep Vee). In my experience these Z boats are not as "solid" in the ocean as a Cigarette or a Fountain if you are looking for an ocean go-fast. The hull/deck joint is not glassed, basic shoebox w/ screws and adhesive. However, the construction and assembly quality is very high and premium components were used throughout. The boat is quick w/ standard 454 Mag (high 50s, low 60s). Some owners describe hull issues that result in poor handling (chine walking, porpoising). That has not been my experience with either the 86 or the 88. I think that you would be very pleased to own one. Feel free to e-mail me if you like. By the way DonziGo has a beautiful boat from the pictures I've seen and I seriously doubt you'd find anything better anywhere.