PDA

View Full Version : cam profile

mikev
05-21-2002, 11:04 AM
here is a GM cam profile that i was thinking about putting in my 4.3 v6 what do you guys think I have a buddy that used it in an s10 with a set of ported head and it dynoed right at 300hp

This hydraulic roller tappet is a high performance street and marine cam for 4.3L even-fire engines. Use only with roller tappet block on engines without balance shift. The duration at lash point in degrees (intake/exhaust) is 321/316; duration at .050" tappet lift (intake/exhaust) is 224/224; and maximum lift with 1.5:1 rocker ratio (intake/exhaust) is 450/460. Lobe centerline is 112 degrees.

will it work without reversion? I have threw the prop exhaust.

mikev
05-23-2002, 06:56 AM
nobody has any comments on this one for me?

harbormaster
05-23-2002, 07:11 AM
Mike, Based on the number of registered boats, there aren't many people on the registry that own v6's in their boats. That may be one reason that there is not any response. I am sure there is someone out there that has the answer OR can point you in the right direction for the answer.

mikev
05-23-2002, 09:35 AM
thats what I was figuring but got to ask. I know that the 4.3 are just 350's with 2 cylinders wacked off so I would think cam specs would be the same but you never know. If i rember from previous threads that durration was about the max. I realy appriceate all you do for us here harbormaster. I have been so busy with the new job I started I have not been able tl be online much hopfully that will change soon.