PDA

View Full Version : Affordable Boat Cover

AVickers
02-26-2002, 12:15 PM
I almost hate to ask, but I've now compounded and waxed my Donzi and I need a good (and affordable) cover. It's an '86 22' Classic with the "eyelashs" on the windshield... I'd like to have a "breathable" fabric that won't let rain it, but will let condensation out. (Gortex comes to mind...)

I remember a discussion of this on the Board a while back, but a search of the archives hasn't produced any good results.

My local custom guy wants $650+ for a Sunbrella fabric. When I called Overton's and Bart's they both referred me to Westland who, in turn, indicate that they have a pattern for a '93 -- which doesn't have the eyelashes... They are at $600 plus shipping.

I don't know that these are "affordable" for what I want...

What experiences have any of you other guys had? :confused:

I guess I should also ask what companies' covers you have ordered thru the mail and if they were all they were claimed to be when they arrived...

Digger
02-26-2002, 01:27 PM
my cover is sunbrella, my last boat had sunbrella too. It's great material. a bit more spendy than some, but you get what you pay for... those prices don't sound too outlandish to me, particularly if they are custom made. they will last for years and your finish will thank you.

Dr. Dan
02-26-2002, 08:18 PM
Just ordered a new Custom Sunbrella from these guys www.coverquest.com (http://www.coverquest.com) , $563 delivered, they list a schedule for "Classics" they have 3 price points available, with Sunbrella being the top of the line. I ordered the center drainage pole also , don't know anything about it yet, its due in any day now, I'm psyched! :D Most runabout generics will be about $240+/-, as you upgrade it jumps about $90 to $120 increments. Check it out... wink ...Doc

RickR
02-27-2002, 06:44 PM
avickers
If you go with the Overton's cover get the optional tie down kit. It's very user friendly!

Mine fits like a glove but the seams could have been better. I'm happy with the charcoal tweed.