PDA

View Full Version : HELP HELP HELP Donzi 152 Medallion

Lucas Kattis
05-21-2002, 09:34 AM
Hi, I've been searching for information like CRAZY! PLEASE HELP ME

My name is Lucas Kattis and I am writing from Greece.I recently got a 152 Medallion Donzi boat with a Sportjet 90HP Engine

The engine was damaged so I rebuilt the whole engine. After spending a lot of money on the engine I ended up with a boat that
has extreme difficulty in planing and when it manages to plane it gets to a top speed of 25mph

I have checked that the impeller is not damaged..

I'm trying to get information about the boat to understand how fast it should go in the first place. I contacted donzi but they refuse to answer because the series has been discontinued.

I am also trying to get info on the engine i.e. torque e.t.c. so I can measure it to see if it works the way it should!

Is there ANY way you can help me or point out where I should search..

Thank you VERY much

Lucas

harbormaster
05-21-2002, 01:57 PM
Well Lucas,
I hope someone can help you.
This is not one of the more common Donzi's

Rootsy
05-21-2002, 02:03 PM
ya know, i just looked at the pic of the medallion in the model list.. does that have a texas plate? my neighbor JUST bought one from a woman in texas... don't know much about it though.. but i've seen it run and it is faster than 25... he does have the spring loaded self adjusting trim tabs on it though to help it plane...

Magic Float
05-21-2002, 02:05 PM
Lucas,the 152 was heavy and underpowered,very slow to plane but they normally ran mid 30 mph. 25 sounds low,was the engine professionally rebuilt? Sounds like it's not developing all the power it should. The 152 was never a ball of fire peformancewise,but should do better than 25Have a competant Force outboard mechanic check the engine for you. Good luck

Bad-Tat
05-21-2002, 02:24 PM
Lucas,
I had one of those boats. It would do about 38 on nice smooth water. Never had a problem coming up on plane. Sounds like you're not getting all the motor should be putting out. As previously noted this was a Force outboard powerhead so check with them.
The boat is a blast!! Drives like a jet ski and jumps like one as well. Had mine over 15' in the air over wakes.

ToonaFish
05-21-2002, 02:41 PM
Bill forgot to add that 38 was with three blondes clinging to the sides and a full tank of gas!

Bunches,

Celene 'why do I have the heat on in May?'

Lucas Kattis
05-21-2002, 04:35 PM
Does anybody have an idea where I can find The specs i.e. rpm, compression e.t.c of the force 90hp engine so I can measure to see if the engine is working properly?