PDA

View Full Version : Cool background....

boxy
03-26-2003, 10:33 AM
Harbormaster, the new background is great....

BUIZILLA
03-26-2003, 11:29 AM
:cool: :cool:

Ranman
03-26-2003, 12:16 PM
Is it the U.S. Flag or the Texas State Flag? Personally I think it is a bit much. The thought is nice, but it's a bit too complex.

Since I'm voicing opinions about the board, the "Donzi Talk" banner at the top of all pages seems a bit top heavy to me too. It stands out like a sore thumb. I know this statement is not exactly PC and should have little bearing on board format, but I read and participate on this board from work (although technically I should not). The ultra-large logos and backgrounds make the board stand out to potential onlookers. The old board layout was a bit more nonchalant. I used to be able to read and post much more comfortably in the presence of others. Does anyone else out there share the same opinion?

Christian
03-26-2003, 01:05 PM
Hello All,

H.
I think the background looks great!
Way to support our freedom! After all donzis used to come with a USA flag on the side

Regards,
Christian Del Collo

Dredgeking
03-26-2003, 01:12 PM
excellent background.

HyperDonzi
03-26-2003, 02:46 PM
I like it, at first I thought I had another virus!! I agree with Ranman, when at school its hard to read up w/o people noticing.

harbormaster
03-26-2003, 04:00 PM
OK Randy, I fixed it just for you... :D

<small>[ March 26, 2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Harbormaster ]</small>

DonzigoJR
03-26-2003, 04:07 PM
The background it great for the site....I like it.

BERTRAM BOY
03-26-2003, 04:13 PM
No wonder my Ford doesn't run well.....Ranman's too busy screwin' around all day on Donzi.net.......
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

Forrest
03-26-2003, 04:17 PM
Hay Randy, it looks like your post worked! :D Maybe now your firewall administrator won't see the need to block Donzi.net.

Nice job, Scot!

boldts
03-26-2003, 04:30 PM
I like the flag representation! God Bless the Men and Women of our Armed Forces! Bring them home safely. :)

<small>[ March 26, 2003, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: Harbormaster ]</small>

Sagbay32
03-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Hey Randy......Ditto!

My $.02
Mike

Stix Magill
03-26-2003, 09:11 PM
Ranman,
Surely you jest...... and get to work! I'm sure you have a better work ethic than your post suggests.

Scot,
I think your background is perfect.

Lets stand by our troops in any way possible. One of my employees just got called in to active duty (Army Reserves) and we are doing all we can to provide comfort and aid to our military.

Scott Smith

Ranman
03-26-2003, 09:13 PM
WOW! I didn't expect such a quick response / change based solely on my opinion. I guess that fiver I had Jenn slip in Scot's B-day card really had some pull. :D :D

Seriously though, I think the "toned down" flag background looks much better. I in no way meant to disrespect our nation's flag or colors and I think the change is a great way to support our country.

Regarding the banner logo at the top of each page, I was just trying to see if others felt the same way. Again, I do surf at work quite a bit (our network admin. at work will be my Best Man this August so the firewall thing is a non-issue). THe thing is, during the day, I still see lots of folks logged in, reading and posting to the board. That "Donzi Talk" logo, as nice as it was, just stood out sooo much that I was constantly looking over my shoulder. My co-workers thought I was in some chat room (not that a message forum is much better, but there is a slight difference). The old logo was just a lot less obvious. This site is literally my morning paper every day and I enjoy reading it without too much concern. Regardless of whether it's right or wrong to surf at work, many people do it and I just wondered if others had the same issue or were feeling the same way I do.

Thank you Scot for what I see as an improvment. If others don't agree, tough ****, I like it better this way. :D :D :D

P.S. After re-reading my first post, I seem to think I was a bit terse. I apologize if I seemed ungreatful in any way. I was responding from work and well....I had to type quick. :)

...time to send out another check

<small>[ March 26, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Ranman ]</small>

Ranman
03-26-2003, 09:19 PM
Like I said, right, wrong or indifferent, many people surf the web from their offices. Most do it in moderation as do I. My company has no issue with an employee taking a 5 minute smoke break every few hours, and they don't have an issue with me reading a web page here and there. I don't broadcast it however, so I prefer to be discreet about it. I work in a very demanding environment and if my work didn't get done, or wasn't of the highest caliber, I'd be unemployed like so many others out there. Yes, I joke about it to a certain degree, but I won't pretend like it doesn't happen either.

<small>[ March 26, 2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Ranman ]</small>

Music Man
03-26-2003, 09:31 PM
I think the background is very good, especially now.

harbormaster
03-26-2003, 09:32 PM
But Randy, you never said if you liked the previous personalized header.. :D

Ranman
03-26-2003, 10:02 PM
Scot, I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about in reference to a "personalized header". If you mean the avatar update, I laughed my ass off. It's too funny, thanks for putting that gem together.

Please know that I do appreciate your work, and I do like to see "styling" updates as it keeps the board fresh.

P.S. It's great to see you on the water and enjoying your boat. Looks like you have a little bit of work in front of you, but I'm sure you'll get it sorted out and be back on the water in no time... YOu boat will be ready for a great boating season and you deserve it.

<small>[ March 26, 2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Ranman ]</small>

MOP
03-26-2003, 10:11 PM
God Bless Guy! You hit a good nerve!