PDA

View Full Version : Classic 18 / Corsican wiring

mphatc
06-06-2003, 10:14 PM
I'm looking to find a wiring diagram for the dash of an older 18 or Corsican. Do they exist ?

I've been under mine trying to figure out how the fuel gage gets its power . . . so many wires such a mess the way it was made

I would expect one side of the fuel sender to be hot with key on, the other side going to the + terminal of the gage and the - terminal to ground . .

I have no hot lead to the circuit at all . . WTF . . all lead to ground, and all look like they have been this way forever!

Befuddled! and frustrated !!

Mario L.

penbroke
06-06-2003, 10:38 PM
This may help. (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007091#000000)

Frank

mattyboy
06-06-2003, 11:31 PM
I just replaced all the gauges in my 67 16,
when I removed them I used my own numbering plan not a good idea but from what I've learned on all the gauges except the pitot type speedo,
there is a

I lead = ignition switch
S lead = sender unit
G lead = ground
L lead = lamp( only if the gauge has a light this goes to the light switch)
hope that helps , I 'm not real good with this kinda stuff

Sparky
wink

hope that helps

BigGrizzly
06-07-2003, 08:24 AM
The wires are same as a classic and should follow the uscg coloring. When I got my Corsican all the wires were red I did the hole thing, it wasnlt a problem. All guages come with a diagrahm.

mphatc
06-08-2003, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all the tips ! It what makes this a great place to escape to.

I spent all Saturday with the instrument cluster out of the boat, running around locally to find a 2" fuel gage, found a generic cheapy with the wrong resistance , but atleast it's an indicator of sorts.

My boat was equipped with Teleflex gauges that only had 2 terminals . . . . the fuel, and water temp didn't work . . . and the tach won't work with the new electronic ignition . . so with all the work I atleast have oil pressure and fuel level and running lights again. I'll use my infra red sensor gun for engine temp until I replace all the gauges, AND redo all the wiring . . .

YIKES this thing is turning into a hole in the water that sucks on my walet! :rolleyes: :) But aleast I still get a few miles of fun between tows!!

Mario L.
2 launches , 2 tows , going for 3 for 3???