PDA

View Full Version : DONZI FEST?

Dredgeking
03-25-2003, 03:22 PM
is skaters can have skater fest, then why doesn't someone organize a classic donzi fest? or is there something pretty big that i don't know about yet? hell, i'd travel quite a ways to hang with other classics.

McGary911
03-25-2003, 03:27 PM
Dredge,
We have a whole forum for that. check out
Events and Gatherings (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=9)
Lots going on. I'm gonna try to make 1 or 2 in my area for sure. Donzi folk can fest with the best!

Would you believe Skaterfest is 15 minutes from my house, but ill have to drive 4 hours for a Donzi event? figures.....That wont stop me tho...

Dredgeking
03-25-2003, 03:32 PM
i just wondered if there was a mack daddy event. the event of all events.

JimG
03-25-2003, 03:42 PM
Dredgeking,

The Texas Contingent is working on it! Got any ideas? Memorial Day? Let's make something happen!

JimG :D

Dredgeking
03-25-2003, 03:54 PM
sooner the better for me. angela is pregnant and i want to do some boating with her before she gets too big. memorial day would be good. i just need to know in advance so i can get a room. what lake do you guys run on up there? fresh water prefered. damn aluminum heads. frown

Ranman
03-25-2003, 04:00 PM
Dredge, Here are a few observations:

AOTH II last year was the largest event based on number of boats in attendance. This year, I suspect that AOTH III will be a great event, but may be a tad smaller than last year.

1000 Islands / Alexandria Bay will be the place to be this summer with your Donzi. Again, I will be willing to bet that this will be the highest turnout event of the season. Looks like a long hike from TX though.

The Donzi Hometown Rally was by far the sweetest event of the year. Donzi really outdid themselves and put on an awesome event. The fact that the Donzi factory subsidized a large portion of the event makes this one BY FAR the best value. The dates have historically been announced late in the season, and Pearson loves to complain about it (along with lake F**k). This means planning is tough, but you don't want to miss this awesome gathering in sunny Sarasota, FL.

Last, but not least, there are also several other events scattered around the best lakes and waterways America has to offer. Many locales have their own informal gatherings like the ones we put together here in MI and some I've seen held in Possum Kingdom in TX. Here are a few popular events:

Awakening Of The Horses III
Lake George Donzi Dust Off
Lake Winnipesaukee All Donzi Poker Run
Lake Lanier Somethingoranother
Greenwood Lake's Third Anal Come Boating With Mattyboy
Lake of the Ozarks Scope Babes in Party Cove
Lake St. Clair's Try to Catch Doug, Jamie, and Sam AND Jobbienooner

Skaters are great boats and I'm sure Skaterfest is a blast, but the Skater-boys and their single event pale in comparison to the number of Donzi folks and events scheduled to take place about the country this boating season.

No other boat manufacturer has this kind of family or following.

Fish boy
03-25-2003, 04:20 PM
Ranman took my answer. :D

<small>[ March 25, 2003, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Fshboy ]</small>

Shanghied Again
03-25-2003, 04:27 PM
If you follow the posts you would see that Skaterfest was designed not for the boat but for the man that has the biggest passion and has a Medical problem that put him in the hospital for 6 months. Doug Lewis is known in the performance world as one of the best engine builder, racer, and to everyone that knows him a good freind. Skaterfest is a tribute to him and a great way of keeping his spirits and power to live alive!

This 2 day get together even has a pick of me and my Donzi with a crew of guys in my boat, I helped at Skaterfest

Dredgeking
03-25-2003, 04:30 PM
where is AOTH?

the donzi hometown event sounds cool. does donzi work through this site to help communicate or organize the event?

maybe i'll just have to check the event forum and keep my eyes peeled for a good one closer to TX.

i just got this damn thing and i can't wait to get out and see more classics. damn this donzi thing can be addicting.

Dredgeking
03-25-2003, 04:33 PM
frank, thanks for reminding me about doug.

BillG
03-25-2003, 04:42 PM
Ranman
I hope that fifth event you listed was a slip of the finger on the keyboard.
Bill G

JimG
03-25-2003, 04:47 PM
Dredgeking,

our event will be smaller than some of the other events, (we want to go to some, checking schedules now...), but we should be able to pull a few boats in. (I can count about ten right now...)

It'll definitely be SALTY! Clear Lake/Galveston Bay/Redfish Island? We'll just drag our boats over to the HARBORMASTER'S house to flush the salt out! I'm sure his neighbors would love us! :D Just kidding, there's plenty of spots we could go to flush. (I have aluminum exhaust manifolds!)

JimG (gathering up all the Texas Donzi's!)

Dredgeking
03-25-2003, 04:59 PM
galveston bay may bit a bit more than my 16 can handle if we pick the wrong day. i've had my ass beat in my 29' fountain out there. i may have to get a 22 before we go. damn this addiction. i can always find a place to stay in the houston area. i'm in.

<small>[ March 25, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Dredgeking ]</small>

Rootsy
03-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Dredge,

AOTH III is held at Lake Cumberland, KY. BEtween I-75 and Bowling Green, KY just north of the tennessee state line... this year held the last weekend in May (after memorial day). Last year was earlier and the date change hopefully will give us all a bit better weather and less debri in the water which i know makes us ALL nervous. If you want to get the whole scoop get a hold of Scott Bolts, he is the organizer.

I'm trying to make all of the events taht i can this year with my given vacation time and travel budget! 1000 islands still may be a possibility and if not maybe the poker run with the bandits... but Lk. St. Clair and Kentucky are for sure... lake St. Clair holds the possibility as a BIG informal turnout if everyone decides to get their boats out...

Ranman
03-25-2003, 07:38 PM
Good catch BillG, but it was not a typo on my part.

...leaving the you out of anyoual.

Dredgeking
03-25-2003, 08:13 PM
we bought the fountain up on lake cumberland. it was 1000 or so miles for us one way. i'm thinking of yanking the donzi up to mullet lake michigan for a week or 2 this summer. when is the lake st clair gathering?

boldts
03-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Dredgeking, Just want to extend a formal invite to you and everyone else. All Donzi models are welcome and encouraged to come meet some of the best people and friends I've had the pleasure of meeting. Other Donzi owners from all over the country! They have come from places as far West as OR. As far south as FL. As far Northeast as NH and Maine. As far North as MI. From all along the East coast and yes, from TX. RoadtripSE, FarmerTx, and even the HarborMaster joined us last year. Roadtrip has been to AOTH since it's beginning 2 years ago.

Join the TX posse and make the trek back to one of the most beautiful fresh water lakes in the Midwest. Lake Cumberland has everything Donzi owners love. Wide open spaces to let the horses run. There is nothing like standing by the launch ramp on Thursday afternoon watching all the Donzi owners arrive from all over and seeing Donzi models that maybe you've only seen in pictures. Nothing like the sound of 60 plus engines coming to life on Friday morning. Nothing like a visitor walking up to you and saying "These boats are like nothing I've ever seen before! Where are they built?" At which time a big smile comes over you as you begin to tell this person about Donzi boats.

The last 2 years, we've had representation from Donzi through Mike Miller. This year, not sure yet if the factory will be represented. We will how-ever have at last count 5 sponsors supporting the gathering in different ways including give-aways and performance help. We'll have the opportunity to tour a custom luxury houseboat to learn more about how these homes on the water are built. Most of all, we'll have the opportunity to share our love for Donzi boats.

Make reservations at the Jamestown Resort and come on up to Kentucky. It will be a weekend you won't forget and the new friends in the Donzi family will welcome you with open arms. You'll find many of these same owners at many of the other gatherings happening around the country. I try to travel to a new location or two every year and I always look forward to seeing my Donzi family friends again.

Dredgeking
03-26-2003, 09:01 AM
i just checked out the AOTH site. looks very intersting. thanks.

BigGrizzly
03-26-2003, 07:26 PM
What I think is funny is that Youguys forgot one of the oldest the Labor Day Lake Eufala event with some of the longes standing members in attendance. I think only Lake George is older

Team Jefe
03-27-2003, 08:56 AM
I don't care if you call it a classic Donzi fest. In Texas at least,you'll have to deal with 30ZF. Dredge, you can ride with me in Galveston if you want. Bay Chop, bring it on !

JEFE
Owner of a Not so Classic, but still awesome Donzi

Ranman
03-27-2003, 09:48 AM
Sorry about that Grizz. I knew I was forgetting something. Eufala is another popular event for many Donzi folks.

Dredgeking
03-27-2003, 10:16 AM
i dig the chop in galveston bay. my honey doesn't. i appreciate the offer for the ride :)

JimG
03-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Chop Schmop! You don't even FEEL it in Jefe's Revenge! :D

We ran to Baytown in the 18's on Sunday... Galveston Bay was smoooooth as glass!

Dredgeking, bring Momma down. We'll may sure she's comfortable on the run to Redfish.

JimG :D