PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Gene D.

Robert Geoghegan
05-20-2002, 07:56 AM
Gene D, Congratulations on your win in Marathon. This is now two in a row (last month first in "Manatee Mutilation") and this month a "legit" win!
Are you guys going to race Cape Cod? Looking foward to running against you now that we're in the same class!
BOB G. P5-14
wink

pmreed
05-20-2002, 12:35 PM
Here's GeneD doing his part...one hand for the boat and one for the crowd. His heroics were were even commented upon by the radio commentators...as in, "there goes Team Warlock again and...yes, he's waving again! eek! "

http://www.donzi.net/photos/pmreed004.jpg

Congrats Gene to you and the Warlock team :D

Phil

Robert Geoghegan
05-20-2002, 12:53 PM
Is that Gene's throttle hand up in the air????

pmreed
05-20-2002, 01:08 PM
It would have been....if he'd had a throttle. Sort of a sore point; he was just riding that day. The new seats from Warlock, one set up for the throttle, didn't fit so they had to run with the driver/owner handling throttle too :( .

Here's what counts:

http://www.donzi.net/photos/pmreed008.jpg :)

Phil

Forrest
05-20-2002, 03:23 PM
That's the way GeneD always rides in a boat in rough water. I think that it's a thing left over from the days when he used to ride the mechanical bull at County Line Saloon in West Melbourne (FL)!!! eek!

Congrats GeneD!!!

GeneD
05-21-2002, 09:16 AM
You guys!
You're making me blush! :o
Robert and all, thank you very much.
Yeah, MP, when I need to...I can be very charming! wink
The problem ended up being a simple scoring error.
A line drawn where it shouldn't have been actually put us in last place. When I went to re-score with the chief scorer, she saw her mistake and the rest is Marathon Grand Prix history.
Thanks to Phil for the great pics.
There isn't a feeling that comes close to being a 1st Place winner.
We couldn't have done it without the ceaseless dedication of the team. They deserve a lot of credit. Many thanks to Crew Chief Rob Bauer and Crew Member Jeff.

Looped
05-21-2002, 09:35 AM
Gene,
Are you heading up to Cape Cod June 7 - 9?

Craig

Shanghied Again
05-21-2002, 08:07 PM
Gene, Congradulations to both Phil and yourself I wish you guys a win in every race ( Your dream is coming true) and it couldn't happen to a better guy! Gene your the Best! :D

GeneD
05-22-2002, 09:28 AM
I want to thank every single one of you for your praise and encouragement.
Unfortunatly, as of today, I am no longer a member of Team Warlock.
In fact, I was fired.
The team owner, or should I say Boat Owner, because the man knows nothing about having or being part of a team.
He made a scene (cursing and dissing APBA) in front of Mike Alwiess over a scoring error...
He got us fined $100 each for blasting off at the finish line while we weren't wearing helmets...(first the manatee incident, for which I covered for him and apologized to all the guys who couldn't test due to the CG shutting down the course, then the fine! This man is a menace)
He took my team shirt on Sunday morning when I wasn't looking, I had to wear street clothes to watch the SuperCat race...
He went to Key West and left me to buy the team food...
He left me in Marathon with no ride home...
He left my tent at the Dry Pits...
He excluded me from the Awards Ceremony...
So I voiced my displeasure with these events when he got home, and I was subsequently told that my services were no longer required, (and I'm being real nice here, those were not his exact words if you know what I mean).
Good riddens!

Dalelama
05-22-2002, 09:51 AM
I dunno..... when Gene rode with me in the Minx to "KING GATORS" during the Sarasota gathering, he was holding on pretty tight... especially crosiing Tampa Bay...EXCEPT when the helo flew by, then he was waving up a storm... I thought I was gonna lose him... then I thought I was gonna KILL him when the pictures came out!! :) :)

Looped
05-22-2002, 10:02 AM
Gene,
That’s a total bummer.

Unfortunately things like this do happen but sometimes it is meant to be and something better could be right around the corner from you.

Good luck and keep plugging away because it’s just a matter of time before you find the right team to hook up with and have them find out what an additional benefit they will have by bringing you aboard.

Craig

Shanghied Again
05-22-2002, 05:41 PM
Gene. One day call me!