PDA

View Full Version : Bay Alert!!!

SHARKEYMARINE
03-25-2003, 03:27 AM
Just a reminder to those that will be hitting the bay early this season.
We obviously had a very cold winter this year. With that, the bay froze over and we need not forget when this happens, docks and pilings are pulled apart.
So as a word of caution: Beware of alot floating pilings and wood this season. Especially after a good full moon high tide.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=531533

<small>[ March 25, 2003, 05:23 AM: Message edited by: SHARKEYMARINE ]</small>

Digger
03-25-2003, 05:56 AM
very good point. I've seen a good bit of the Chesapeake of late and all the Potomac from the air, I have never seen so much crap floating in the water, everybody be careful!

MOP
03-25-2003, 07:04 AM
I second the junk in the water, I've been sea trialing boats on Great South Bay, Long Island Sound and Peconic Bays the last few weeks. It is alot worse than most would imagine. I am very glad SHARKEY brought it up and shame on me for not thinking to do so. I am seconding SHARKEYS alert it is real bad in the Northeast.

McGary911
03-25-2003, 01:47 PM
logs and pilings? Last week they pulled out a body out of the Shark River in Belmar, NJ. This inlet goes right past my condo, and is where i launched the Donzi 2 days before the discovery. Week before that, a body washed up on the (ocean) beach in front of my condo. Wouldn't want to hit that at speed. Hope this doesn't become a regular event!!!