PDA

View Full Version : Gas octane question / Scorp package data added.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-05-2003, 08:17 PM
What would happen if you were in a bind and put 89 in a 93 oct required motor?
Say 50 gallons to get home because you could not buy 93?
I did not realize (we trailer fuel) that 93 was so hard to get on the water.
Thanks
Bryan

Rootsy
06-05-2003, 08:52 PM
if you load it too hard (acceleration and high rpm) it will probably spark knock on you but i believe your motor is equipped with a knock sensor so the TBOLT V ECM will automatically retard the timing if it senses any knock in order to alleviate the situation.. which will cut some OOOMPH...

BigGrizzly
06-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Roots is correct on your boat, just don't make it habbit. I cary a can of octane booster for just that reasion. You may not beleive this , but we did this on purpose to an hp500 and found it ran better at idle and midrange but on the high enf it was knocking a little and down on power.

Ranman
06-05-2003, 09:33 PM
Figured out the Scorps can only run premium eh? ..or so they say.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-05-2003, 10:49 PM
Great data, thank you, I know Scorps run 93, I just didn't realize how hard it was to get on the intercoastal and along the bay.
I have yet to run out of gas, I would never allow that to happen to my boat, planning is key, even for the short trips! And I would of course know in advance my options for a long trip and plan accordingly with these motors.

Donzi tid bit: Did you know you no longer get all the goodies in a new Scorp boat, past early 2002? You get the motors, that is all, now Donzi charges line by line for each item which used to show you had their top of the line boat, stereo, bolsters, Full Hydraulic, K planes and much more etc...
Do that math and call me when your calculator battery is dead!
Makes one wonder what was Standard 18 months ago now will run you an extra 10 Grand...

Thanks,
Bryan

DON N.
06-06-2003, 08:23 PM
CAN YOU ADD OCTANE BOOST ?