PDA

View Full Version : Hey Digger, Dale, etc Chime in here

tailwind
05-18-2002, 09:58 PM
Have just been informed by corp. hq. that my 62 Bonanza is being set out to pasture. The very
AC that helped build this Co. Accordingly, I am very disturbed 180 mph & 13 gallons per hour.

I will however attempt to keep this AC in the family, as it has given us all exceptional service bar none
for over the past 30 years. I came up flying it, my children, and so on etc. Replacement comes
down to most likely the following : Shrike Commander first choice, 175 knot, even with the spar mod
"It rolls good even with the gear and flaps down", but so does the B/D Barons. I think that the comfort
key will indeed be finding an excellent low time spar mod "Shrike"Comander again if available.
Otherwise, and again, the Baron will suffice.

Regards, Randy

Dalelama
05-19-2002, 08:49 AM
Randy,

If you need the bennies of a twin... the Baron is a good choice... a mid-sized Cessna 355 - 421 series is a good bird too....

If money is no object, and ya' don't need the headache of double maintnence... the Piper Malibu / Meridian is one hot ship.....

My fav is the Aerostar... not very practical as a corp plane... but it hauls ass.. and I like to go fast!

RH
05-19-2002, 10:04 PM
I like the Baron! Is the Piper Malibu a very sturdy plane? I had clooege friend who lost her father in one. A good friend felt that they were definetly a fast plane but lightly built.
RH

tailwind
05-19-2002, 10:43 PM
Thanks all!

Piper malibu 11 are pretty decent machines. Having flown them, I would say that they are pretty docile, compared with the Aerostar. Great machine her too but lots of maintenance.

For the money will still tout the Bonanza, However my personal pref will remain the Shrike Commander (for comfort alone) 500B's are hard to find in decent shape, so the Baron will probably remain the top contender. Maybe some day a CJ-2, however one more 9-11 and it perhaps will all be over for GA.

Anyway, if and when, will post the url here first for interested pilots. woke up this morning and my 94 Fullsize Chevy Blazer was stolen from my garage. Got to get better here - had a premonition last night and got the weapons out beforehand.

Best regards to all!
Randy

tailwind
05-19-2002, 11:41 PM
Hey guys!

Just got a call from JPD - found my Blazer tonite, minus engine, trans, front seats & stereo.
Everything else intact? Maybe just maybe I can get my old Donzi Tow back and fixed! Although it was a 94 model, it only had 55,000 miles, and looking at the blue book value, never could think about replacing it for the insurance etc. They left my 92 C2 911 alone.

Besides the truck, they got my shades, new optima battery, jumper cables, first aid kit, survivor tool, & 40 lbs of premium dog food!

Better tommorrow
Randy

RH
05-20-2002, 06:37 AM
Sorry to hear about that Tailwind. Nothing like feeling violated. I do take solace in the fact that the 911 is still unmolested and in tact. Good luck on getting your insurance taken care of and the truck back or replaced at a decent deal. It just irks me that this crap goes on...
RH

Ranman
05-20-2002, 07:51 AM
And I was upset about losing 200 CD's at AOTG II.

Digger
05-20-2002, 07:18 PM
Tailwind,

sorry to hear about the truck! I hope insurance etc works out for you.

Also sorry to say I don't know d*** about stiff wing aircraft...I would make a pitch for twin engines though...there are no atheists in foxholes they say, there are also no single engine pilots who are upset when they are flying in a twin and one motor fails. just my .02$

good luck!

Digger