PDA

View Full Version : OMC outdrives

DonzigoJR
06-05-2003, 11:52 AM
Looking for opinions or views on the OMC outdrive. Is it good? How do they hold up? If you have a boat with one is it hard to change it to a Bravo, etc. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Dr. Dan
06-05-2003, 03:25 PM
:D D Jr.... I would do a search on here for discussion on OMC Drives, you will find alot of information. We have a King Cobra, it is very Stout and probably not the most Hydrodynamic because of its girth...but it is very strong if it is maintained and not abused!(Re-Entry at full throttle) The Cobra drives were not as strong...but are still very serviceable,parts are readily available still for both, but in time as with any past drive design...it could become more of a challenge ...some current 22 King Cobra Board members are Dork,PoodleZilla,Albers and the Little 18 That Could and Will..."Genuine Trouble"...piloted by the Big Red Dog! :p Transom holes are similar to others...but you would likely have to do a bit of a modification fitment,depending on the direction you go. If it's a King....I would have no worries...just my opinion...when we do our repower...our whole "BobTail".. will be available! wink ...Doc

DonzigoJR
06-05-2003, 04:29 PM
thanx doc for your inpute.

MOP
06-05-2003, 08:35 PM
If you have a plain Cobra like mine they are stouter than the Alphas, the King is another story very tough same basic drive as the late Volvo. The Cobra should be fine upto around 300hp the King will hold anything a Bravo will. Parts over time will be an issue but so far so good. What will really kill the parts from being reproduced is the darn things don't break.

florida gator
06-06-2003, 08:32 AM
Mine is about 13 years old. I just had some seals replaced and everything else looked good. I really like them.