PDA

View Full Version : We Got Lost!

smoothie
05-18-2002, 07:29 PM
Believe it or not I was at AOTH II!The closest marina that I could rent a cabin was Indian hills resort it is 8 miles north of the state dock,On Friday my wife and I went cruising around the lake having a good ol time,untill we started heading back to our marina,thats when all of the shoreline started looking the same,it was starting to get dark and cold,my wife thought we were going to have to sleep on shore rolled up in the cockpit cover!Then we saw a fishing boat that was from our marina and followed him in.On Saturday my wife didnt want to leave the bay in front of our cabin.We still had a good time and I did see 4 or 5 Donzis on Friday and I think Jamie Root passed me on Sunday going about 70 mph,we were on 75 north heading home. :D Needless to say Im getting a GPS for fathers day,and we are booking a room early next year!

Brad Lyon
05-18-2002, 08:10 PM
How did you know it was Jamie. Was he half on the road and half off of the road like this?

Sorry Jamie, I couldn't help myself.......

Brad

http://www.donzi.net/photos/blyon717.jpg

Donzi Jenn
05-18-2002, 08:17 PM
Smoothie, Several folks at AOTH II said they thought they saw you on Friday. They recognized the Cigarette but then never saw you again. I guess your story explains it. That's really unfortunate, but I can understand because that lake is certainly tricky. Wish you could have found us and hung out with us more. Don't miss next year since it will be BIGGER and BETTER than ever. Randy.

boldts
05-19-2002, 06:20 PM
Smoothie,
I knew that was your Cigarette. I must admit, you were not the only one to become lost on the lake. I don't think the Michigan guys and gals will ever follow me to the falls again. You really feel stupid when your supposed to see this big waterfall and the water you are following ends in a tree forrest. Sorry everyone! Maybe a new GPS with map downloading availablility is in order? Sure wish we could have caught up with you. :)

Rootsy
05-19-2002, 07:44 PM
DUUUDE! i remember passing a Cig north of Lexington doing the speed limit or so... and i saw you at renfro valley getting gas sunday morning... Had i known i woulda hung with you!! in hindsight, I had a cabin wiht an extra bedroom you and the wife would have been welcome too at jamestown so long as i didn't have to put a pillow over my head at night :p

AHEM... brad, i'll blame it on turbulance from tracy and the blackwidow... yeah yeah that was it :D

roadtrip se
05-19-2002, 08:53 PM
We saw you too! Cool boat. I remember thinking to myself, can't wait to get a closer look at that boat back at the docks. Never saw you again.
Please bring her back next year.

By the way, Indian Hill is tough to find your way back to. Way up Wolff Creek. Once you find the mouth on the main lake, then you have to make an immediate right or you end up ten miles in the wrong direction up Caney Creek. Lots of turns and it all starts looking the same. Beautiful area of the lake, but not when the sun is going down. Good case for a GPS.

See you next year,

Todd