PDA

View Full Version : Classic Hood Scoop needed!

goodall
05-17-2002, 12:42 PM
I'm looking for a hood scoop or riser hood for my '69 18. Doing some mods (will post later) and need a little more room below! Any ideas??

bverd
05-17-2002, 01:40 PM
Yeah... [Chris wink vector calculus/stock sbc ] I remember that. That name [Chris wink vector calculus/stock sbc ] is on the tip of my tongue. I just can't seem to remember it. [Chris wink vector calculus/stock sbc ] --bverd

Christian
05-17-2002, 03:04 PM
hi guys, thought you were talking about me, shuu. But...while i am making a plug for a 16 donzi r/c deck, i would be able help out to pop a mold from the scoop. Let me no.

http://rosebudracing.tripod.com

Regards,
Christian
I am the Chris that is graduating from SJU on the 19th

oldLenny
05-17-2002, 10:06 PM
Poodle, what does the R/C stand for?.

Here is what I like the most so far in all that I have seen...

Check out the pics on AOTH #5 by Brad Verd. He has a pic of a white and yellow stripe X-18 that has what I feel is the nicest job yet of incorporating something decent.

http://verd.com/photos/Cumberland_KY_02/Day2_web/Dsc00764.jpg

Maybe find out who this is and find out what product he bought.

I like it....My $.02. Lenny

harbormaster
05-17-2002, 10:10 PM
The scoop on Steve Marr's "unlimited airtime" X-18 has one of the best looking scoops around.
Check it out.

oldLenny
05-17-2002, 11:06 PM
S.V.A...Is this one in the same?...boats? I don't know. I opened MOST of Steve Marrs posts (pics) (dial-up) and I didn't see this boat there. I may be wrong.

Another good scoop/hatch combo I believe would be WONDERFUL!!! is the new scoop on the GTA or TransAm Firebird.

http://members.aol.com/DavzTA/index.html#largepic

...scroll up two inches...

It has the lines of the X-Boat and nice curves that would make it "belong". Also, it could come off a mould with no trouble and you could buy the perimeter trim rings and do as you wish.

Just waiting for one to get wrecked locally.

How was AOTH Scot? Fun? Do it again? Jealous...Lenny

Christian
05-18-2002, 05:01 PM
Mr. B, you got it! one X deck comming right up, baby blue right? do you want that with a 3hp water cooled motor or a 6hp motor? i'll make mine first and you can see if you like it.

I am still trying to figure out why i missed AOTH II, reading everyones posts it sounded like a great experience. ( i was taking finals).

Stay well,
Christian
http://rosebudracing.tripod.com

Scott Pearson
05-19-2002, 02:09 AM
Dosn't someone have a Hood Scoop kit around somewhere?

Dont get me going!!!!!!

(NJ)Scott

harbormaster
05-19-2002, 04:24 AM
I think we uh I mean they used the hood scoop kit when we uh they put the yellow tape and orange streamers around your truck. I think they used the hood scoop kit that someone bought at the auction :p :p :p

GEOO
05-19-2002, 10:06 AM
I have the hood scoop. (Does anyone have a picture of it?) I always wanted one and never could find it. Now that I own it, I don't need it. I soon as I part with it I'll need it. You can borrow it for a mold. Hope this helps... GEOO

CDMA
05-19-2002, 07:41 PM
Ok Ok Ok I know. Been a little busy over here. I wanted to do it myself but ran out of time. I was going to have a shop do it so I posted asking how many people wanted one. All of the sudden interest dried up and 2 people gave me confirmed go aheads. With only 2 people wanting one it was going to be like $300+ a scoop. If I had enough $$ I would have told him to make more to lower the price and I would try to sell them later. But you guys know I can't shell out over a grand to someone for something I hope to sell later. If anyone cares to undertake this project you are welcome to use mine for a mold. I just couldn't get enough people to be like "yeah do it you can count on me to buy one ( Verd is the exception)."

Sorry I haven't gone through with this guys but I got 2 donzi's crying to go together and school is killing me.

Chris

Forrest
05-20-2002, 11:00 AM
Hay Chris, just sell the plug to someone who has the time to make a mold and pop a few out. You'll make out like a bandit! wink

Ooops! I see that GEOO killed that deal!!!

Craig
05-20-2002, 11:41 AM
I've seen scoops on several Donzi's but never asked; besides looking mighty cool, how much do they benefit???