PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal?

jeepfan99
03-20-2003, 07:43 AM
New to the board and possibly new Donzi owner. I am on several other types of boards (watercraft, ATV) and have found them to be the best source of collaborative knowledge. I am currently looking at a 2000 22' ZX with less than 55 hours on it. The boat is in excellent condition, all it needs is some detailing after being stored all winter. The boat comes with the trailer, 5.7 and the warranty is transferable. Can anyone give me an honest opinion of what I should pay for this boat? I have looked in the NADA book, but being Donzi owners and enthusiast I'm sure your estimate is more accurate than the book. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Tony
03-20-2003, 08:22 AM
Check the "Donzis for Sale" section of this site, there are a couple 22zx's listed. Also check BoatTrader.com and search for comparable boats and their prices. The guys here might give you a range, or what to look for (power, options, etc.)but to be too specific, pricewise, is a touchy matter. For instance, maybe the boat is being sold by a member of this board, who understandably would want a fair price.
Good luck!

<small>[ March 21, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Tony ]</small>

MOP
03-21-2003, 07:36 AM
Tony is 100% right, I am a boat broker and base most of my evaluations by going to all the major and some dedicated sites to get a fair number. I will not list a boat for a client unless I have done my home work and we are fairly close in our thoughts on the price. Add to you list Yacht World and try a search engine for the boat you may find a few privately posted.

jeepfan99
03-21-2003, 11:09 AM
Thanks Tony and M.O.P. for your feedback. I have spent days doing internet research and just wanted some "real world" feedback from other owners.

jeepfan99
03-21-2003, 11:10 AM
Thanks Tony and M.O.P. for your feedback. I have spent days doing internet research and just wanted some "real world" feedback from other owners.