PDA

View Full Version : Punishment for not being at AOTH!!

olemissalum
06-02-2003, 10:45 AM
Well I was unable to attend AOTH because had a trip planned to Center Hill Lake in TN this weekend. What a beautiful lake and had a great time. However, on the way home to ATL on Sunday I had three trailer tires completely disintegrate on me and one valve stem on the truck go out. So what should have been a 4-5 hour ride took all day!!!! I had to buy two truck tires for the trailer just to get home. I will never again own a set of Carlisle tires, I have had nothing but bad luck with them. All tires were properly inflated, had good tread, were only about two years old, and all bearings on trailer were just redone by me!!!

BUIZILLA
06-02-2003, 11:01 AM
where were you on Centerhill Lake?

you prolly cruised right past my house a few times

Jim

olemissalum
06-02-2003, 11:06 AM
We camped at Floating Mill campground which is right by Hurricane Dock and restaurant. Ran about 115 miles on Saturday. I grew up on that lake but have not been back since I was 12, and is more beautiful than I remember. I will post some pics of Fancher Falls which is breathtakingly beautiful. A great trip and want to go back as soon as my new Marathon tires get here :D

Bigbroadjumper
06-02-2003, 11:11 AM
It was a bad weekend for trailer wheels. I had one come off on the way to the AOTH III. I spent 4 hours replacing the hub, wheel, tire, and the rest. I thing the lug nuts must have come loose. Now EVERY TIME I stop I check them as well. Soon I have a chase truck with a spare trailer just to be safe. It can sure make for a long day. I hope you had no damage to your boat.

BUIZILLA
06-02-2003, 11:19 AM
well, you went right past my house several times then.

J