PDA

View Full Version : Arneson ????

MOP
05-30-2003, 09:58 PM
I have a chance to pick up an Arneson, its a brand new Old unit that was a boat show display, just the drive no rams. I don't think its ever had a prop screwed on it. My question is how do I tell what model it is and what it is worth?

GEOO
05-31-2003, 06:16 AM
Rams will cost $ 1,500- 2,000.00. Most people seam to pick up used drives complete for $ 1,500-2,500.00. www.arneson-industries.com (http://www.arneson-industries.com) surf until you find "What drive do I have" or something like that. If you don't want it I could use a spare. (203)258-5222

MOP
05-31-2003, 07:52 AM
GEOO I'm going to have to go and look at it again, its a buddys shop. He picked it up a couple of years back, it is just the drive and like I said no rams, boot or drop box. Paints a little chiped as I remember but other wise brandy new. should be worth a little more than used. I've read that other than joint, boots, bearings and seals they never go bad. SPARE you say or another project. If I pick it up I'll let you know.

Wildfire
06-01-2003, 10:18 PM
If anybody wants a spare, I've got a drive that I'll let go cheap. It needs a rebuild - gears and bearings from what I can tell. Gears are 300-400 new and bearings aren't expensive either. I'd like to get my money out of it - $550 plus shipping.

MOP
06-11-2003, 09:45 PM
Finally got over to get the poop on the drive!

It is 45 inches overall, 1-3/8 shafts, has 100 casted on the side, sticker Not For Sale Display Only, there are 4 taped holes in the uder side of the tube for mounting as a display will need to be filled, rotates smoothly with 0 play the ball shows of no wear. No boot, splines ans threads new.

Forrest
06-12-2003, 08:33 AM
Wildfire, you better watch out making a post like that one! wink You just may have of line of folks from this board lining up in front of your house in the morning. eek! BTW, does that Arneson drive have all the parts, rams, etc? Also which model is it?

Moody Blu'
06-13-2003, 10:26 PM
550 hmmm, anyone know if the arneson is a bitch to rebuild or what?
would it be harder then a complete two storke motor from a dirtbike?

I might be interested..... wink
what rotation is it and is it gear or chain drive?

geo, which is the better to have?

McGary911
06-14-2003, 12:40 AM
Moody, the Arneson will turn either way, needs a transmission. Depends on which way you hook the shifter cable. Gears or chains? that one i dont know. Always thought there was a chain involved tho........