PDA

View Full Version : Hull #'s

Howie
05-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Hey, just fishin for more information. I contacted Donzi about trying to get info on my 78 X-18, but had no luck. The Hull # is DZ124610579. Is there any way to find out what came on the boat from the factory using the Hull #. I am just really interested in the history of the boat. I have not seen another X-18 with a BB and a Vdrive combo in my search for info. Should I just give up and put it back together? I just think its cool toknow the history of your boat.

Thanks,
Howie

oldLenny
05-29-2003, 01:09 PM
Howie, you got a "funny" number on that boat. Is it on the hull/transom or on some paperwork?

It should be led by DMR, followed by 9 numbers, then an "X"...

It could be a re-registered boat number/HIN. Pics asap please for the site and scrutiny. :D

As for finding its' histroy, unless you meet/know someone to fill you in, you are out of luck. These records do not exist. Many have tried. I believe OMC gets the credit for the "loss" of all this info from 1988 onward. Someone might know that boat once they see it.

...waiting for you to utilize the "shutter"...

Howie
05-29-2003, 04:28 PM
Lenny,

We found the number on the Hull inside the engine compartment. The title is a bit on the funny side. The boat is labeled custom on the title. The guy I got it from said the previous owner had problems with titling it and had to be labeled custom. There is no mistaking it is a X-18, but I definatley don't get that warm fuzzy feeling. I will definately get pictures posted this weekend. I must warn you the boat in its present state is hideous. I feel the boat has alot of potential. I'm sure you guys will let me know.
Thanks,
Howie

oldLenny
05-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Howie, relax. I "cornered the market" on hideous.
No one can touch mine... :D

oldLenny
06-07-2003, 03:11 PM
Howie, any pics yet of the V-drive X-18?