PDA

View Full Version : Sold My Donzi Yesterday : (

RICPAZ
08-11-2003, 08:18 AM
Well, I sold my '99 22ZX yesterday. I've had a boat for the past 16 years and I feels kinda weird now not to have one. Especially with a few more months of good weather still yet to come this season! I had to sell it because, in a few months, if I stay with my current company, I will have to move to our corporate headquarters in Oklahoma. And if I go Oklahoma than that means no more boating for me :( I am trying hard to find a job and relocate to the Norfolk/Hampton Roads, VA area, or to southern FL but so far I've had no luck. I'd really like to move to either of those areas and stay along the coast so I can get that 26ZX I've wanted for so long, but my time is running out. Hopefully I can find something before I have to move to OK. Don't really want to have to give up boating, but I also can't afford to be unemployed. Unfortunately, my boating/Donzi days may be numbered, but hopefully with any luck, that won't be the case.

Currently Donziless in CT,
Rich

roadtrip se
08-11-2003, 08:38 AM
Um Rich, there are a lot of beautiful lakes in Oklahoma. Take a peak at a map and you will see.
Grand Lake of the Cherokees and Texhoma are both awesome places featuring multiple poker runs, party coves, and big go fasts. Lake of the Ozarks is also within striking distance. It will only be your choice to be boatless, if you go west, so start shopping!

Todd
"Crying shame to sell a Donzi and not replace it with another!"

Darrell
08-11-2003, 10:01 AM
RICPAZ;

So what part of Oklahoma would you be moving to? As Todd said there are many great lakes to boat on, in and around Oklahoma. On a holiday weekend on the south side of the islands on Lake Texhoma you will see hundreds of boats tied together for a major party :cool: , And many of them are 25' to 47' offshore boat type. Eastern Oklahoma has many deep clear lakes to run what ever size Donzi you want. So don't let your possible move stop you from getting that Donzi you want. :D

Darrell

Life without a boat is that possible?

Darrell
08-11-2003, 11:07 AM
Ricpaz:

I just read your post in the "Whatever Section" so you would be going to Tulsa. No need to go boatless there. Grand lake has is huge, very nice and is close to Tulsa, also there is Tenkiller, Eufala, and Keystone that are not too far away. You would also be close to Arkansas and Missouri for even more great boating lakes.

Good Luck;

Darrell

Silver Streak
08-11-2003, 11:38 AM
Rich,

Todd and Darrell are right. Lots of good water and lakes in Oklahoma. I am probably the resident Grand Lake expert; I have lived on the water at Grand for 8 years. 1300 plus miles of shoreline; 90 plus square miles of surface area. Many weekends I think the 18 is waaaay too small for this lake. A function of many, many big and fast boats. The period of the wakes generated is anywhere from 3" to 20'; the amplitude is anywhere from 3" to 8'; the direction they come from is infinite. Now, mix them all together simultaneously! LOTO is like this, but without the wider expanses of water to get them really going good. Grand is a non Corp lake, unlike 99% of the man made lakes in the central US; means you can own the waterfront. My house is 30’ horizontally and 60’ vertically from the water and only 60 miles from downtown Tulsa, 40 of those miles on the interstate. Many of my neighbors commute. A boating season that last 6 to 9 months. No, it isn’t the ocean, but some of the trade offs are nice.

Spent most of my life in Tulsa. A fairly cosmopolitan place; a great place to raise kids. Still has many small town nuances but many big city advantages. And a mecca for chemical engineers. The petro-chemical processing industry was invented at the University of Tulsa’s refinery engineering school. Air service to Tulsa is good; you can get to Dallas or Atlanta fairly easily and from there anywhere.

Leaving the ocean would certainly constitute a major upheaval. But if the company you work for is a good one, and the opportunity in Tulsa is likewise good, you might be surprised at the area. Come see me if you vist Tulsa and I’ll gladly show you my lake and point you in the right direction for some others.

Rick

Yes, in my old age I do tend to ramble :D :D

RICPAZ
08-11-2003, 02:08 PM
Thanks for all the input. Maybe I sold my 22ZX prematurely? That's OK though 'cause I really want a 26ZX. I just thought that would be overkill for Oklahoma lakes but maybe I'm wrong. I've been to Tulsa several times and like it a lot, just don't think I really wanna live there permanently. So hopefully I can find a job in the southeast along the coast before I will have to move to Tulsa (probably 2-3 months). But if I can't find anything else, then it's off to Oklahoma I go. I would definitely like to meet up with you guys if I go out there. I'll keep you updated on how my job search goes and if/when I go to Tulsa.

-Rich

James Adcock
08-11-2003, 02:14 PM
Ahhh, Silver Streak, You must be young and stupid first to become old and wise.

Wildfire
08-11-2003, 06:55 PM
Beaver lake in NW Arkansas is 115 miles from Tulsa. It is clear, deep and beautiful. If you move down, let us know!

Silver Streak
08-11-2003, 11:49 PM
James

Must make me veerry old because I was young and stupid for an exceedingly long time. :D

Rick

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-12-2003, 04:44 AM
When are you looking to buy, we are shopping now to purchase late this fall/winter (likely order).
My boat is an 2001 26ZX, nicely equipped on a new trailer. 502 motor is around 180 hours now, all records
and ZCare until 8 Nov 2005.
I will be asking high $50's.
New stainless exhaust
Chartplotter
Lab prop
and more...
Bryan

we live in Hampton Roads, call me next time your down this way 757-558-4835

James Adcock
08-12-2003, 09:09 AM
Rick, Old is good. Older is even better. It sure as hell beats the alternative!

z22owner
08-12-2003, 06:02 PM
Rich,

Just relocated to Tulsa, great city with great lakes nearby. Call me if you make it down here for any reason, would be happy to show you around.

Kevin (z22owner)
918-510-1265

RICPAZ
08-13-2003, 07:56 AM
Thanks guys, I'll let you know if I end up moving to Tulsa.

Thanks Bryan, but if I end up getting a 26ZX I think I may get a brand new one with either the 500 or 525 Merc. engine.

Any idea what top speed I would get on the 26 with those engines??? The 496HO with labbed prop runs about 70 mph, right?

-Rich