PDA

View Full Version : Donzi and Lexsus Comercial

Shanghied Again
08-11-2003, 06:09 AM
There is a new Lexsus comercial that uses a 38ZX with a windshield. The very beginning they show the car and a guy driving his boat.

Then at the end he pulls up to the dock. Pretty cool. :D

BUIZILLA
08-11-2003, 06:46 AM
Ford is using, what appears to be, a newer 22ZX in their commercials for the release of the new 2004 F150.

www.f150online.com (http://www.f150online.com)

There is a yellow FX4 pictured in still shots. The TV ad for the Labor Day release date will show the FX4 towing the 22ZX. Ford is timing the '04 model release with the opening weekend of football season. Rumor has it, the first 900 F150's already built, will be crushed due to cracked frame problems though eek!

J

TuxedoPk
08-11-2003, 09:04 AM
I think it's time to get BMW to run an add for the 7 series as the ultimate tow vehicle :D http://donzi.net/photos/bmw_tow_vehicle2.jpg

<small>[ August 11, 2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: MadPoodle ]</small>

Silver Streak
08-11-2003, 09:31 AM
I'll go get my popcorn popper warmed up :D

Rick

BUIZILLA
08-11-2003, 10:18 AM
Okay, so you parked your car in front of the boat.. :rolleyes:

Now.. let's see a pic of it ATTACHED to the hitch wink

And, a pic of your face expression at the bottom of the first downhill offramp of an Xway eek! :p

seriously Tux, what are your plans for that boat?

J

TuxedoPk
08-11-2003, 11:43 AM
Parking it in front of the boat for this post is about as close as I'll ever come to "Attaching" it. :D

My overall plan is to restore the boat to as close to original as I can get it rather than trying to fully modernize. At this point I'm not sure exactly what that will entail.

The boat is in running condition, but needs QUITE a bit of work to restore it. Having just received it last week, almost 7 weeks after I expected, I've only started on some of the real easy items like pulling up the carpet from the well between the front seats and removing the rotting wood floor and draining the 4" of foul water sitting beneath it.

Unfortunately, Bilt-Rite doesn't have the original materials so I'll have to do some searching for the interior, as well as find a source for the original shag carpet that lined the cuddy's ceiling and the interior of storage cabinets in the rear of the front seats.

I read in a 1973 boat review that a board memember was kind enough to mail me that a liquor cabinet was an option for these 'seat backs', as was a teak floor that fit the well between the front seats where I pulled up the rotten wood. If anyone has a picture of what these looked like, I'd like to fabricate them authentically.

The engine compartment looks great until you open the hatch wink Once I reduce the size of the pics I took yesterday I will be posting them and hopefully hearing suggestions on the best way to attack this project correctly.

Speed-Racer
08-11-2003, 02:39 PM
The new F-150 is awesome, and BTW it's for sure a 26 or 28zx taking notice of the twin steps, and a less rounded windshield :p

Cuda
08-11-2003, 07:40 PM
What boat is in the commercial where the flunky has to take care of "Mr Jingles", and Mr Jingles turns out to be a bad azz performance boat?

Budmann
08-11-2003, 07:51 PM
Tux... Dude, this is not your dad's Beemer. You don't see M.B. doing an add with Donzi. B.M.W. is "THE ULTIMATE DRIVUING MACHINE", however, let's not push the envelope. That car won't last ten minutes with that boat behind it. Stick with the facts. You need a big beautiful FORD to pull the Cadilac of boats.
Don't mean to rag, but let's stay focused!

Capt. Donzi
08-11-2003, 08:00 PM
I think it is a 45ZX :) Never seen a 38 with that style windshield

Shanghied Again
08-11-2003, 09:33 PM
I thought it was a 45 at first until the second time I looked closer, Only twin engines and the dash is a standard 38 dash. Windshield through me? Mr Jingles painted on the transom

Capt. Donzi
08-11-2003, 09:41 PM
Frank, your right......I just watched it again,
the plot thickens!

Dr. Dan
08-12-2003, 05:42 AM
:cool: Tux Boy ...If you email me a Pic of the type of Carpet you are looking for ...I am sure I can source some out for you..... I work for Mohawk Industries.... wink

Dr. of Fiber Technology & Twin Turbo Twisted Yarn
University of Nit Wits of No Importance
Fellow of Pedicurists and Pink Shirts :D

TuxedoPk
08-12-2003, 12:05 PM
Bud-Pic was a jk as Buz pointed out.. it wasn't hitched-I've been out auto shopping..

Mad-Thanks for fix..Emailed you a bunch of pics; I've got a photo copy of a photocopy from a mag; I'll scan them up here rather than loosing any more resolution with faxing. What's coming- March 1973 Donzi press release for the Doral, and a 1973 2or3 page art. on the the Doral Sportster. I'm going to try to pull a copy of the mag from a library and get a color scan from the original for the board to replace what we post now. Makes me wonder how many other old reviews we can find of some of the earlier models.

Dan-Thx. Send you email pics and will give you markings from the carpet back or snail mail you a sample when I pull it.

33 Daytona
08-12-2003, 03:53 PM
It has to be a 45 because (if I remember correctly) the door to the cuddy was on the port side and not in the middle. BUT i have only seen the commercial once.