PDA

View Full Version : Loose WIndshield

DonCig
08-07-2003, 07:55 AM
Can anybody tell me how to tighten a loose aluminum windshield on my '97 18' Classic? It is a little loose where the front panel attaches to the left side panel/wing. The smoked plexiglas on the right side appears to be crazed and I may want to replace it. Does Donzi sell this replacement part or do I need to replace all three panels to get them to match?

Don

Ranman
08-07-2003, 08:02 AM
Interesting. My windshield is loose at the exact same location. I havent really looked at mine yet so hopefully someone here will have the answer. My boat was originally a Lake Havasu boat so the plexi is a bit crazed too. It doesn't really bother me much though so I probably won't do anything about it.

So is she in your posession? How is she??

olredalert
08-07-2003, 08:22 AM
-------I think you will find the fasteners when you remove the Plexi(Lexan?)and the rubber gaskets in the channel.Those are flat pieces and if DONZI cant get them fast enough you can make them yourself or have them made pretty easily and it wont cost too much either.Obviously you have the patterns.Made all three for my last 22 because I wanted them a little more smoked(tinted)than they were from the factory!..........Bill S

DonCig
08-07-2003, 04:46 PM
I will post some pictures this weekend, but she is Beautiful and she is mine! I can not wait until Saturday to bust some waves.

Barry Phillips
08-07-2003, 05:36 PM
Don the Windshield on the 18 is made by Taylor Made in Gloversville NY, I do not there number but they do have a web-site. Give them a call.

SO-SLO

MOP
08-07-2003, 09:01 PM
Not sure about the windshields made for Donzi but most all Taylors have a platic pull out strip on the outside that hides the screws.