PDA

View Full Version : Can up position on Bravo be ajusted

Barry Phillips
08-06-2003, 11:33 AM
On my 22 I noticed the drive angle on the Bravo in the trailering position dose not raise as high as the Bravo on my 18. I notice this the day I picked up the boat and had to cut at least 2" off supports I use on the drive cylinders to keep them bounceing arround. I used the same supports on my 18, hum. Can the drive angle be increased? I have not had any trailering problems, but I would feel better if I could raise it a little higher.

SO-SLO

Zinger
08-06-2003, 11:16 PM
Barry, i'am almost positive the starboard trim sensor is for the trim gauge and the port is for the trim ,by loosing these screws and turning the sensor you will increase your drive position.This sensor is a wiper switch and makes and breaks the electrical contact as the drive goes up . Jeff

Barry Phillips
08-07-2003, 12:45 PM
Thanks Zinger, is the ajustment on the drive? I saw to round, what look like ajusters on in either side of the unit, near the transom, at the pivit point on the drive. Are these the ajusters?

Thanks
SO-SLO

Zinger
08-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Barry,yup the sensors are on the drive housing be careful making any adjustments.

RickR
08-07-2003, 07:17 PM
The adjusters are the trim gauge sender and the trim limit switch.
The limit switch restricts the amount the trim switch (on handle) will raise the drive.
The limit switch does not affect the tilt switch(BLK/ on lower aft remote control housing)