PDA

View Full Version : California Donzis?

Dalelama
11-13-2001, 06:29 PM
I have a job opportunity in N. California...
about 50 miles east of Oakland... on the San Jacinto / Scremento Rivers.... any info on that area would be appreciated.

Dr. Dan
11-13-2001, 09:43 PM
Dale, Great place to have a boat,very different from Miami though! Good friend lived out there for 10 years or so, lots of fun! Don't know if it has anything up on some of the parties you were describing to me & Mike in Sota, but I'm sure they have their own local versions!...Keep us posted!...Doc :D

RickSE
11-14-2001, 10:03 AM
A lot of those people head to the Colorado river if the don't want to splash in the salt water. Seems like a lot of Southern California people end up at the river, and with big boats.

Klingon
11-14-2001, 10:51 PM
Lucky you, one of my favorite areas to hang out in. You are in the California Delta area, water fed from the ocean via San Francisco bay and runoff from the Serria mountains. There is some tide influence but as you get away from SF is less on the range of 2-3 feet. The water is brackinsh and being moving all the time because of tide or river run there are no bugs to speak of. Very warm in the Summer months, 85-100 degrees but its dry heat. Many rivers sloughs and open areas to ski in. The delta is a very big water skiing area and lots of small coves, marinas and hot spots to party. What you need is very good charts because some of the spots can be shallow or have sunken debris, remember this delta was built during the gold rush so a lot of ships and crud have sailed by. You will love it, it beats any lake or coast for hidden spots and fun areas.
Alan

Randy Hibbard
11-21-2001, 02:56 AM
Dale, this is my neck of the woods. Sure would be great to have another Donzi out here, especially a Minx! Send me an E mail and I can tell you all about the area. It's not cheap to buy a house, and smog laws suck here, but we have some fairly good boating areas and the weather is good and dry. Let me know if I can help at all. Randy